PDA

View Full Version : Copying UV maps problem

Ken Kellett
05-07-2004, 12:28 PM
We've got two copies of the same identical object with two people doing separate UV maps on each one. We're having trouble finding a way to copy the UV map from one object to the other so we have both maps on one object. Can this be done? If so, how? Thanks

Dodgy
05-07-2004, 01:51 PM
Select one of the maps.
Go to the vmap>copy command, and in the requester, type the name of the other vmap. There really should be a drop down list for this, but it seems they omitted that.
Your first vmap should now have a copy in the second vmap.

Ken Kellett
05-07-2004, 02:04 PM
I'm told that I should reiterate that this UV map copy problem is between two different objects. They're identical but they have different mapping coordinates. Apparently the guys were working on different maps on different copies of the same object and they want to get both maps together on the final version of the object.

I'm not a big UV guy. so I don't know if the question makes sense or not! I'm just typing it for them. Thanks again!

jeanphi
05-07-2004, 02:50 PM
You can use the EditUV plugin from DStrom.
Inside you have UVCopy and UVPast (and more).
You need to select polys you need to copy uv, hit copy, select polys on the other object and hit past uv. Befor you past uv, clear the map from poly you have selected. Use Unweld to edit your uv after.
The only thing is you need to keep the same order. You can use the the RMB on the UV view to select the same way if you have lots of polys.