PDA

View Full Version : Skygen Not Working In LW[8]

JamesCurtis
05-07-2004, 07:53 AM
I have tried many times, using the Skygen that came with LW[8], reinstalling a version that I had downloaded earlier in the year, and even going to Eki's website and downloading the Plugpak again and installing. Nothing seems to work. I got an error no matter what I did when trying to run the scripts!! I'm running WinXP. Should I report this to Newtek or to Eki?

prospector
05-07-2004, 08:06 AM
I reported the Seagen problem to Eki (his plug-in).
In another thread.
I set steps taken and had others verify first tho. (to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong)

He wrote back the same day (fast:) ) and is checking that one.

Ya might want to write him.

gjjackson
05-19-2004, 10:50 PM
I got Skygen to work. The Lscripts in 8 are in a different location than before. This caused a problem with the presets, though. I had to copy the presets to the \Programs\Presets\EnvironmentHandler\Textured Environment folder. I finally found this by viewing the .ls file and found that Textured Environment loads the LWEnvironment Handler (or some such thing, I forgot already) and found the presets to load into Skygen were there. In looking at my old LW directory I had copied Skygen presets in a number of places and wasn't sure where they were showing up from in the presets window.

This brings me to a point that maybe 'Presets' should be better implemented. I realize it's organized so all the presets stored aren't shown all at once. I guess this IS better so only the presets that work with what you're doing are the only ones shown.

I really like LW 8 but I sure have had to figure a number of things all over again. It sure would help if I knew what I was doing.

------------------------
Idiot at large --

joeldberry
06-28-2005, 02:44 PM
Okay, I am just now getting around to SkyGen (from my 3dgarage tutorials), and although Dan doesn't explain how to install it, after searching the forums, I discovered that I had to manually add the lscript file, and then add it to a menu.

Now I can get the plug-in to run, but I have no presets, and nothing appears in my presets after I run the plug-in. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

jdb

gjjackson
06-28-2005, 05:12 PM
You may have to move the presets to the correct folder, under Programs/presets, I think. Then under environment handler.

joeldberry
06-29-2005, 07:22 AM
You may have to move the presets to the correct folder, under Programs/presets, I think. Then under environment handler.

That's the problem: where are the presets? I can't find anything related to SkyGen in my Lightwave directory (and/or subdirectories). What presets? Where?

Thanks,

jdb

JamesCurtis
06-29-2005, 09:34 AM
Just noticed this thread was active again. I had finally gotten Skygen to work properly after a complete scan of the plugin directories. My Skygen presets are in directories using the following path:

C:\Program Files\LightWave [8]\Programs\Presets\EnvironmentHandler\Textured Environment

The folders are:

SkyGen2 Day
SkyGen3 Day
SkyGen3 Night
Skygen3 Sudio
SkyGen3 Space

I have the Skygen2 [included with LW8] and the Skygen3 nag version installed as well.
Just for your information.

joeldberry
06-29-2005, 11:55 AM
Thanks for your help!

jdb