PDA

View Full Version : Encore DVD Motion Menus

David
05-07-2004, 04:38 AM
I have encore DVD (patch 1.01) on my Toaster system after many installs and uninstalls the avi-wrapper works for small projects. But for large projects it just stalls when loading (in the task manager it says running then not responding over and over). Also, the motion menus and animated buttons will not render (I get an error message that says an abnormal condition has occurred).

After further research...... Installing Encore DVD on my other Windows XP Partition (for AVID DV Express) on the same workstation without Toaster installed and the motion menus and animated buttons render for the same projects and they worked. So.....I tried to reinstall Encore on the Toaster Partition and it still didn't work.

Anyone have similar problems with motion menus or animated buttons? Or long projects (2 hours of all DV files ingested in toaster) that won't load using AVI-Wrapper?

David
05-10-2004, 07:24 AM
I guess I'll just use TMPGEnc and render motion menus with my other partition. Thanks for all the responces!

cybis
05-16-2004, 07:28 AM
Hey David, I was having problems with some of my VTEdit projects with AVI wrapper. My shows are typically 1.5 - 3 hours. No one else seemed to relate to the problem. It turns out it was just a couple projects that were causing me trouble. I still don't know the root of the problem so it seems to be hit or miss when it comes time to burn. If it stalls just like yours is doing, I end up rendering the whole video out.

marjopar
05-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Can anybody please tell me where can I find the AVI wrapper? And is it only my toaster that crashes whenever I try to change the codec for capturing instead of remaining in RTV?

And I have another question about the deck control. Is there anyway where I can make the Beta recorder do assembling or inserts, instead of plain recording?

cybis
05-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by marjopar
[B]Can anybody please tell me where can I find the AVI wrapper? [B]

It's just a matter of doing a SAVE AS in VTEdit and changing the file type to .AVI. Now you can open up your entire project in Media Player, Encore, After Effects, etc. Very cool!

marjopar
05-17-2004, 10:58 PM
I have tried that, but encore is saying that it cannot recognises the file.

ScorpioProd
05-18-2004, 12:08 PM
Are you sure it's not just the audio part that it won't recognize?

I thought that Encore needed you to render out a separate wav file since it didn't support the compressed audio part of the AVI wrapper?