PDA

View Full Version : 8 Crashing with either spreadsheet or schematic

prospector
05-06-2004, 11:12 PM
When using the spreadsheet to set bone properties or using schematic to see link tree Layout crashes.

When not opened at all, then I can use bones all day long and no problems.

I can open spreadsheet, set properties, close window.....as soon as I select a bone from then on it crashes to Dr. Watson

I can open schematic, as soon as I click on any bone it just crashes to desktop.

Any ideas?

Not grafx card
using newest drivers
Ti4100 Nvidia
8X agp
128 meg
1 monitor

LW7.5 does neither of these and works fine

Aegis
05-06-2004, 11:29 PM
No problems here... :confused:

prospector
05-07-2004, 07:59 AM
Here's what I've tried now

brought Spreadsheet.p from 7.5 and SpreadsheetStandardBanks.p from 7.5 into 8

Sizes
Spreadsheet
7.5......380KB
8.........460KB

StandardBanks
7.5.....141KB
8........128KB

Have been working for last hour with spreadsheet opened and closed,along with motionmixer.Selecting bones,setting properties,making motions.

NO Crashes

put the LW8 Versions back, open and close Spreadsheet, select bone...

Crash

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Same machine, same object

Would the object,being made and boned in 7.5,and working with 7.5 spreadsheet in LW8,be screwing LW8 spreadsheet in LW8???

RLM
05-07-2004, 09:43 AM
I used to have a problem with LW7 in that when I open the graph editor, LW would immediately crash.

It was on an older machine with an oxygen graphics card. It seemed that there was a conflict with the drivers. When I installed the oldest drivers, a strange thing to do, I know, the problem went away.

I don't know your setup, but maybe having a look at your graphics drivers, as I did, might help. I know that there have been a few issues with people and their nvidia cards.

RLM:)

prospector
05-07-2004, 10:20 PM
New NVidia drivers posted the 2nd so I updated them.

Still Crashing on Spreadsheet
and now
crashes when I clear scene.

AAARARARARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Still works with 7.5 spreadsheet plugin in 8 fine

but even then it crashes on clear scene or shutdown.

RLM
05-08-2004, 07:42 AM
That's a bugger isn't it.

Well the fact that it now crashes when you clear the scene, might suggest that the nvidia driver/LW is the issue.

I know for the oxygen card back when six was released a patch was written and supplied by 3dlabs, to overcome a display issue.

It seems Newtek and Nvidia could do with getting theirs heads together, maybe, and doing likewise.

If you do find another solution, I'm sure it would be useful if you could post it.

Cheers

RLM:)

Meaty
05-08-2004, 09:13 AM
prospector, try killing your config files resident in your documents and settings folder (if you are on a pc that is)

back them up first though =]