PDA

View Full Version : LW 8 Content Install

gjjackson
05-06-2004, 06:17 PM
Well I got around to installing the Content CD's. When I put the second one in it constantly comes up with Do you want to uninstall it. It's a yes or no. I don't want to have to just manually copy all the files. Anyone seen this.

gjjackson
05-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Well, as usual I had to do the manual removal. I uninstalled everything earlier but it still came up 'Do you want to completely uninstall the application and all.....'. (Ok Cancel). So what I had to do was go into the registry and remove all the entries pertaining to LW 8. Also removed all the config files from the profile directory. I really get tired of going through this method. I guess I should try one of the app removal softare packages.

I decided to remove the installation because it defaulted to the 'Program Files' directory. This is generally okay except if you use something like Spider. Spider doesn't like spaces in any of the paths. ( I see the other computer just finished CD2).

Well, now I have to go back and put the plugins back again. I've decided to do that differently also. Once again if using Spider it's best to load the plugins via a UNC Network path.

claymation
05-07-2004, 09:36 AM
remember that in windows that any filename that has spaces can still be accessed with the the first 6 characters followed by a ~1.

i.e.

c:\program folder\ is
c:\progra~1\

lightwave [8] is
lightw~1

my very cool scene.lws is

myvery~1.lws

Spaces are dropped.

hope that helps.