PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find standalone Flash ?

byte_fx
05-06-2004, 02:08 PM
While my 8.0 upgrade STILL hasn't arrived I have obtained and installed one of those many copies that were sent out as duplicates by the mysterious fullfillment house. (Don't think you can blame them - surely they worked from a list provided by Newtek).

Anyway ---- apart from the fact that I absolutely hate html help files and much prefer .pdf when I opened one of the html help it refused to run because I don't have Flash installed.

No surprise there - those computers are not and never will be connected to the internet. Reconfiguring the firewalls is not an option as I simply never will allow an internet connection from there.

So far the only Flash dl's I've found are auto-install so they're as useless as Flash itself.

No - I'm NOT going to buy flash - that would be adding insult to injury.

Does anyone know if there's a place to dl flash install files so I can then transfer them to my LW computers via cd-r/dvd-r?

Newtek - you really should have thoght of this.

byte_fx ...... maya looks better every hour ....

digimassa
05-06-2004, 02:37 PM
:cool:
you need this shockwave-flash player from macromedia (http://www.macromedia.com)

byte_fx
05-06-2004, 03:06 PM
That's the first of many places I looked. Couldn't find any dl's that didn't want to auto-install. As I need to install it on an OS that has no 'net connection they're no use.

I need to be able to dl the setup files and copy them to a floopy, cd-r or dvd-r (whatever will hold the files) so they can be transferred to the work environment. It has no internet connection for data security reasons.

But flash may not be an issue afterall ..... merely the last straw in my rapidly declining opinion of Newtek. No matter how great LW is the last few weeks have drastically lowered my opinion of the company and it's upper level management.

byte_fx ...... jumping ship

Signal to Noise
05-06-2004, 03:41 PM
:rolleyes:

Err...adios!

gjjackson
05-07-2004, 07:00 AM
I had the same problem with the first Html from 7.5c. My LW Computer isn't connected to the net, but is networked to one that is. I have numerous CD's from all kinds of software. I finally found one that had a flash install. Unfortunately Macromedia doesn't seem to have just a 'download' only update via internet. I don't recall what CD I had but it would be worth looking in to.

Because this is a problem I would suggest Newtek have the flash setup on their site.