PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Dyamics integrated please

retinajoy
05-06-2004, 09:03 AM
Hypervoxels are great for a lot of things, but blobby hypervoxels just don't deliver when it comes to decent looking liquids unless you have a lot of rendering power like they had for Children of Dune and are willing to wait ages for each frame.

Could Newtek develop a liquid dynamic system that's designed to produce realistic looking and behaving liquids, interacting with LW particles, that can render in sensible times.

This would make things so much easier and save so much time. Trying to do oil liquid dripping logo at the moment for a tight deadline and has got me thinking.
:)

wacom
05-06-2004, 09:36 AM
I was thinking if it might be as easy as using metaballs instead of hyper voxels. Is that not how real flow kind of works (I know that real flow has way more features than that though). If we could get something that was geometry we'd be able to use some of the tools that already exsit...and it would render in FPrime!

Jinxius
05-09-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by wacom
If we could get something that was geometry we'd be able to use some of the tools that already exsit...and it would render in FPrime!

Well actually Realflow can output geometry as well so I would not consider this as a priority.

Edited :

And considering that LW 8.x as said by newtek staff would focus on the rendering environment I think they would work more likely on things like a node based texturing env.

You could read about that here :
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22655

Jinxius.