PDA

View Full Version : Okay, was anybody else stupid enough to....

rnb2
05-05-2004, 11:55 PM
throw away the mailing envelope, not realizing that the ONLY place the serial number was listed was (apparently) on the envelope? The envelope was a bit large to shove in my laptop bag, so I opened it and took out the DVD case and tossed the envelope.

I might be able to retrieve it, if the maintenance guy at my office is as unreliable as he usually is, but what if I can't?

Silkrooster
05-06-2004, 12:11 AM
I would send an email to Newtek. I would assume they have a record of your serial number especially since it was printed with your name and address. If you have an upgrade, it shouldn't be too much trouble to prove who you are. As far as that goes I would guess that applies to full versions as well since Most purchases receive 7.5 so they had to register to be on the mailing list for 8. That may even be the reason they decided on printing it on the label, to make it easier for them to retreive the number.

rnb2
05-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Fortunately, our maintenance guy is still AWOL this week, so the garbage wasn't collected :)

Global Hawk
05-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Glad you got it back. And yes I too tossed the package at first. Lucky for me it was after my trash had been emptied for the day, so I had plenty of time to discover my error!:)

RomainR
05-06-2004, 03:11 PM
For those that don't have your luck, I think that one the DFX+ box and the Stitcher box you should find the LW8 SN. They should be the same as the one you get with the CD's. Which probably explains why they get stickered on the packaging.

claymation
05-06-2004, 04:54 PM
I did almost teh exact same thing.

I came into the office grabbed the cd case and left the packaging on my desk. I got home called up and discovered that the packaging had the cd #.

They keep your serial number on file at newtek so they will have it if they call. My email had changed so it took them a while to find it but they did and had no problems after that.

So don't worry about it,

:)