PDA

View Full Version : LW8: Points 2 Polys missing?

Carm3D
05-05-2004, 05:44 PM
I can't find this tool. I was going to do some long hair Sasquatch stuff and converting points to polygons seems to be missing. I can't even select a bunch of points, extrude them into 2-point polys. Extrude is ghosted if no actual polygons are selected. Am I missing something here?

WizCraker
05-05-2004, 07:06 PM
In 8 it is under the create Tab under the group Polygons under the make polygon tool

Carm3D
05-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Weird, it's not there on mine. Can you tell me the actual tool name so I can do a search on it in the menu editor?

Silkrooster
05-05-2004, 07:16 PM
They move it, changing points to poly is still done using the keyboard shortcut (lowercase p). It is also on the create tab, polygon menu, make polygon. I also read somewheres that This is the new make poly tool and the orginal make pol tool is hidden in the edit menu items. Whet I did is selected the old make pol command and placed it under create, polygons, other.
Hope this is the info you needed.
Silkrooster

Carm3D
05-05-2004, 07:24 PM
When I grabbed a cluster of points and hit p, it just connected them into one (highly non-planar) polygon.

I just went into Modeler 7.5, created a cluster of points, selected them, and used "Make 1-Point Polygon" and each point became a 1-point poly. The method you described would require me doing the operation for every point and there's no way I wanted to do that with around 5,000 points.

I suppose I could use Modeler7.5 for this operation, but I can't believe that would take this out.

bloontz
05-05-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Carm3D
Weird, it's not there on mine. Can you tell me the actual tool name so I can do a search on it in the menu editor?

The Command name is Make 1-Point Polygons, the menu item is Points to Polys. Not sure what the plugin name is.

Silkrooster
05-05-2004, 08:04 PM
I guess I miss understood you, I thought you were trying to make a face from points. Yea bloontz, is right it is points to polys which is the next button under make polygon.
Edit: the name of the plugin is Xgon.p

Carm3D
05-05-2004, 08:10 PM
This is so weird.. It's not there... neither instance.

Edit: Ah! Xgon! Thank you! It's all good now.

Silkrooster
05-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Your welcome, I take it Metaballs and etc was not working either then. Since They require the same plugin.

WizCraker
05-06-2004, 12:44 AM
It's all ways a good idea to scan the plugins directory after an install. sometimes they do not get added.

Carm3D
05-06-2004, 02:50 AM
I've never really used Metaballs, so I wouldn't have known. :)

Silkrooster
05-06-2004, 05:57 PM
I had a similar problem when I installed 7.5 some of the plugins were not available. At that time I thought it had to do with the discovery mode. I'm glad so far I did not have that problem with 8. Like I said so far.;)