PDA

View Full Version : question about the content

zecryan
05-05-2004, 05:31 PM
Is the content that I get with lightwave 8 free to use in a project, even commerical?

hrgiger
05-05-2004, 05:36 PM
Yup. You can do everything but call it your own work. (Although you can use it as a part of your work).

zecryan
05-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Cool. I would ofcourse give credit to newtek if i do use there model for anything i do.

lonestar1
05-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by hrgiger
Yup. You can do everything but call it your own work. (Although you can use it as a part of your work).

If I recall, there's a portion of the content that was created by a third party and has restrictions. (Or maybe that was just for 7.X.)

bloontz
05-05-2004, 06:53 PM
Look in the online help for "NewTek Content End User License Agreement", there's also a pdf that has thumbnails and credits.

mkiii
05-06-2004, 06:30 AM
Talking of the content cd.

I distinctly remember Proton (I think) showing images of a violent stormy seascape with particle spray from the ridges of the waves.

He said it would be included with the new content, but I see no sign of it. Anyone found it buried in there anywhere?

SLAYER
05-06-2004, 08:02 AM
Nope.
Have not found that ship scene. I was looking for that too.

We were also told that ther was a tutorial on a cell phone that LEWIS (of car fame) had done.

Maybe this will be in the tutorial manual.

SLAYER
05-06-2004, 08:07 AM
Found the thread on Lewis' phone.
It states that it was to be a PDF on the content c.d?

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?threadid=14720&highlight=phone

Looks like it would have been a good tut. Hopefully it will be in the tutorial manual since it did not wind up in the content disk.