PDA

View Full Version : LightWave Education Version

LumnaLight
05-05-2004, 03:33 PM
I have been looking all over the place (and have emailed Customer Service two weeks ago and no answer from them) to see what the difference is between corprate edition of LightWave and the education version. Is there a watermark or a finite time... or is there just a made with education version in the file description?

If any one knows of the differences please do tell.
Thanks so much.

jdnoonan
05-05-2004, 03:45 PM
I have used both versions, and haven't seen any difference.
Although there is a moral issue involved.

LumnaLight
05-05-2004, 03:51 PM
I really am using this for school.. and portfolio work for grad school so not haveing the watermark is a plus.

jdnoonan
05-05-2004, 04:00 PM
I currently use the educational version. I started using lightwave about a year ago. And I couldn't afford to by the full version. It works great for what I am doing now. If I start to use it for business sales than I will upgrade to the full version. Based on the moral side of things. I think it's great that there are companies like new tech that offer such great deals. Nooo water mark on the educational version.

LumnaLight
05-05-2004, 04:06 PM
woot... Ok... just bought it for 395 :) hope it upgrades to 8. :)

wapangy
05-05-2004, 09:48 PM
Yeah, the difference in the educational version is a sticker on the box that says educational. Maybe a different EULA paper in there too. The CD's you get are exactly the same.

(I just upgraded to the commercial version of 8 :) )

Skonk
05-06-2004, 01:18 AM
There is no difference beween the educational and full version as far as software goes, but your not allowed to use the educational version for commercial (paid for) work, if you do your breaking the license agreement. The software its self is exactly the same.

Jim.