PDA

View Full Version : Fix The Dragnet Tool!!!

uncon
05-05-2004, 01:22 PM
Ok, this is an easy feature request. Make the dragnet tool the way it was in 7. Right now in LW8 (working on a PC) the tool behaves exactly like the magnet tool, this is crazy.

I want the dragnet tool to only affect points connected to the point you are moving, I used this all the time in LW7. i could set the range to something extreme like 1KM and then I could move pieces that weren't connected together around without trying to select all the points in that part. The selection tools mean I can still do this but it is a lot more steps.

I hope that the current dragnet tool is a bug that you guys can fix with a little patch or something because I really want my old dragnet tool back.

Keep up the great work guys
Aaron

Chingis
05-05-2004, 02:55 PM
Are you sure you're not thinking of the "Snap Drag Tool" which has a connected points option. Try that and you can move individual parts around without setting any falloff. Simple. Nothing broken at all (if I understood you correctly that is).

Chris

toonafish
05-07-2004, 07:28 PM
Huh, my dragnet tool in 8 works the same as in 7. You probably already did, but just to make sure check your falloff in the numeric panel and set it to point radial.

Fish

I hope that the current dragnet tool is a bug that you guys can fix with a little patch or something because I really want my old dragnet tool back.