PDA

View Full Version : BUG: Wind FX - Power, texture channel

Earl
05-05-2004, 11:19 AM
Anyone tried controlling the Power of a Wind object using the a procedural texture channel? It seems to completely ignore the value you enter for "Texture Value." Can someone confirm this as a bug? Thanks!

WCameron
05-05-2004, 04:55 PM
if i'm thinking this correctly, using a procedural on the power of
a wind effector is basically turning the area of windpower into a sponge, ie small areas will move faster for short distances, while other areas will move slower, etc. it wont be animated in anyway
(unless you tie it to a null and move the null) - for that i think you'd have to go to the graph editor and use textured channel....

but i could be totally wrong, and if i am, please ignore me :-)

- Will.

Earl
05-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Hmmm, well, the way I interpreted it, the texture channel (in my case procedural texture) should dictate the Power values over 3D space (much like it would dictate specularity or luminous values when applied to a surface channel). Thus, you should be able to change the procedural texture to "Value" and set the value for Power using the "Texture Value" entry of the Value procedural texture. I have found that this does not work as expected, and the number you enter for "Texture Value" isn't acknowledged by LW.