PDA

View Full Version : How render out D1 NTSC allowing for Animmorphic Distort

d_nugent
05-05-2004, 08:11 AM
Can anyone help ?

Have any of you rendered out an animation for Avid allowing for the distortion?

Would the following work?

For the 16x9 aspect ratio try this... Compose in 960 x 540 with
SQUARE PIXELS; then render & output to D1 resolution 720 x 486
(rectangular
pixels).

I'll give it a try

If any of you know I'd really appriciate your experience.

Best Regards Derek Nugent
[email protected]

munky
05-05-2004, 10:02 AM
Hi there

I'm a PAL boy myself but you'll want these settings.

regards

paul

d_nugent
05-05-2004, 11:58 AM
Where do you find those settings?

I can't find it under the camera properties and many many thanks for the reply!

I use to be PAL till I moved to Texas

munky
05-06-2004, 02:25 AM
Hi These are my combustion settings, but for lightwave they are in the camera properties panel. I'm not sure what you are using and what your setup is, so I can't offer up anything else at this stage.

regards

paul

d_nugent
05-06-2004, 05:14 PM
I'm Using Lightwave 8 on the PC and I also have the upgrade special release of DFX Digital Fusion (which will probibly do the job) which I haven't learned yet

Many thanks Munky your a star

Where are you from? It says UK on your Info I moved over to Texas from Scotland myself

munky
05-07-2004, 02:21 AM
Hi There,

On the Anamorphic side of things, you can work anamorphically all the time as long as you can view what you are doing in widescreen. In fact thats how most, if not all systems seem to work. When you set LW to widescreen it shows you the scene as it should be but renders it out anamorphically. In my case I composit in Combustion which when set up for widescreen shows you the sequence as an anamorphic, however it has an aspect ratio setting so you can switch to see the widescreen output. You might find that digital fusion has something similar. You could also get a pro video card with full uncompressed video out and hook it up to a widescreen monitor so you can really see what it all should look like. But that will cost wads of wonga. Which you might not want to spend and might not really need, especially if you've just upped sticks and moved abroad. I'm not really very technical so forgive the basic kind of reply. Just remember if your footage is anamorphic you must have your compositor set up as widescreen. If not stuff like text and circles that you might add/draw will be the wrong ratio. Compositing can really enhance your LW stuff so it's worth taking the time to learn it well and get some good plugins ( I use the Sapphire plugins which are fantastic, you can try a free 21 day trial and they work on digital fusion I think! www.genarts.com although they aren't cheap!) A good list of plugins can be found on adobe's web site as all of these work with afx

I'm just outside London to the northwest in the countryside by the way and very nice it is too!

regards

paul

OOoooooh overwordy reply I'm off for a lie down!