PDA

View Full Version : LW8 and modifying the UI menus

Intuition
05-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Hey guys,

I'm having a ball with LW8 and it is already being utilized as a workhorse for my jobs.

One thing I noticed last night was that I wasn't able to put added tab menus above or below each other like in 7.

I usually put my F-Prime, G2, Realflow...etc ect plug in menus to the right of the main tabs above. This helps me keep em easily findable.

As you can see I can add them but they are being added to the left first.

Even when changing to 7.5 setting in the UI I still can't get the added menu tabs to the right of the main tabs.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in Advance.

Fausto
05-04-2004, 04:59 PM
Left click, hold the mouse button down and drag doesn't work?

Intuition
05-04-2004, 05:04 PM
only in 7.5

Thats how I moved them before but in 8 I can drag the item around to different areas, like tabs or other sub menus but I can't drag it in between items in the same area.

Sorry if that sounds confusing.

I can drag the "new group" renamed "F-Prime" into any area I want but i can't tell it to be above or below or left or right of the other buttons in the area it defaults to the top or the left even if I try to drag it elsewhere.

So yes you can move items but you can't move them one in a particular area. They will always snap to the top or the left.

AT least with my attempts...

gjjackson
05-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Use Ctrl Rt MouseClick and drag.

mattclary
05-04-2004, 05:36 PM
I can click and drag the tab. In fact, I can determine the placement of the tab by placing it between groups when I create it.

mattclary
05-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Example

riki
05-04-2004, 05:56 PM
Have you tried dragging in the Configure Menu Options panel?

Intuition
05-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Actually thats the way I always change the menus was in the options panel like the pic posted above.

I can't tell why but it will let me do it in 7 but not in 8 it always snaps back.

Mattclary is shwoing exactly lilke I did it in 7. His example is exactly as I do my UI customizing.

Just can't make it happen in 8.

Its weird.

I also tried to rightclick drag too.

I think this is a one off fluke guys.

Thanks for the help though.

Karmacop
05-04-2004, 06:28 PM
I've had this problem in 7.5 modeler before, very weird.

Signal to Noise
05-04-2004, 06:54 PM
I just tried right-clicking and dragging a tab over in my installation of [8]. Works just fine.

Maybe try reinstalling [8]? Or some setting in your o/s is preventing it?

riki
05-04-2004, 06:57 PM
It sometimes snaps back in 7.5. You need to make sure the drop zone is right.

tokyo drifter
05-04-2004, 07:20 PM
I'm not having any problem moving the tabs.

I just click the tab once with the left mouse button to select it. Then click it again and drag it.

mrunion
05-05-2004, 07:09 AM
I'm having the same problem with dragging items. Dragging to sub-menus or other tabs works, but dragging "3rd Party" that I added down below "View" doesn't work.