PDA

View Full Version : packaging

GruvSyco
05-04-2004, 03:52 PM
a small but I think important issue. I love my LW but I think the packaging that was used to ship was aweful. I seriously think Newtek should look at something like this (http://www.digipak.com/). Presentation of your product says alot too.

Remi
05-04-2004, 03:53 PM
Agreed:eek:

Signal to Noise
05-04-2004, 04:40 PM
Yes! I like the idea of having a movie packaged with LightWave.

Good idea!

J/K of course. But I do like the idea of a package like that for future releases.:)

Johnny9ball
05-04-2004, 06:25 PM
Yup nothing like opening that LW8 box and haveing the Program disk and another fall out onto the floor.

Jockomo
05-05-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Johnny9ball
Yup nothing like opening that LW8 box and haveing the Program disk and another fall out onto the floor.

Happened here too, plus there was a scratch on the program disc.

I really don't think that package was meant to hold 4 CDs that way. I think the reason the tabs (that the CDs stick onto) are raised higher than normal is so it will prevent CDs from hitting each other when using the optional arm that fits in the hinges in the spine.

hrgiger
05-05-2004, 03:32 AM
I could have cared less if it wrapped in a pair of Marlon Brando's dirty underwear. I was so glad to get LW8, I would have been happy to wash them off myself.

Nemoid
05-05-2004, 05:28 AM
A packaging i liked SO much was that of Alien quadrilogy, :) wich enables the set to contain 9 CD's and there's no prob at holding them firmly.
But i think asking something like this to Nt, even if for 4 CD's is way too much. :D
I like also the kinda packaging of the link above though.

TSpyrison
05-05-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by hrgiger
I could have cared less if it wrapped in a pair of Marlon Brando's dirty underwear. I was so glad to get LW8, I would have been happy to wash them off myself.

I donno about Marlon Brando's dirty underwear.. But if it was Torrie Wilsons.. :D

(Did I just type that out loud?)

uncon
05-05-2004, 01:42 PM
I have recieved CD's in the standard jewl case that have been cracked, scratched, or loose. A macromedia CD was broken in half! If these things can happen there than they can happen in almost any CD holder (except brando's underpants, provides support and impact resistance). I liked the CD case it's a pretty blue color.

pblacklock
05-05-2004, 02:45 PM
right now, if i could see it wrapped in brando's underpants, it would still make my day

duderender
05-06-2004, 01:26 PM
i received mine yesterday. and the program and content 1 disc were loose inside.... and you can't wash scratches out.

those two discs had scratches, so I will be on the horn to request new CD's.

there was even barely enough bubble wrap inside to protect the case from rattling around.

not necessarily a Newtek fault, but rather their choice in distributors!!