PDA

View Full Version : lightwave demo download/cd

cowhen
05-04-2004, 02:38 PM
Hi,

i would really like to give LW a try. Long ago I subscribed for a free demo cd. The cd never came, but some (spam) mails from NT.

Is there some place, i can dl a demo or get a cd for real?

regards
cowhen

hazmat777
05-05-2004, 01:38 AM
If I were you, I would try and get my hands on a copy of 3D World Magazine "Complete 3D Collection 2". The CD that comes with the mag/book has demo versions of LW and all the other big app's. Max, Maya, XSI, Houdini, C4D plus lots of extras and tut's. I thought it was great (a little biased, not much info on Mac only software for instance) as an intro to buying 3D software geared toward first time buyers.

hazmat777
05-05-2004, 01:41 AM
Sorry! Make that the -"DVD"- that comes with the issue. Make sure your DVD drive is functioning before you buy that issue.

cresshead
05-05-2004, 02:00 AM
i have a few lightwave de cdroms lying around..i use them for my stdents to learn at home on..so i got about 50 of them from my reseler...if you want one posting send me an email and i'll sort it out for you.

cheers

steve g

hazmat777
05-05-2004, 02:12 AM
I was surprised after hearing all the press about Maya and XSI how much I prefered Lightwave's interface after trying them all from the DVD. Lightwave was my favorite right off the bat.