PDA

View Full Version : Installation Help - Newtek not responding

cramactive
05-04-2004, 01:09 PM
I just got 8 for both my home and at work. I am wondering if it matters which copy I install where? I don't know if serial numbers are tied to my old version or what not.

Has anyone else received multiple copies and talked to Newtek? Newtek has not answered my emails for weeks now and every time I call I get a "We're unable to answer your call right now..." It's been very, very frustrating.

brap
05-04-2004, 01:23 PM
It appears that you can have 7.5 and 8 installed at the same time. I've been running that way 2 days now with no problems. You will need your hardware lock id, but then the online registration automatically generates a new permanent ID for 8
enjoy!

Kurtis
05-04-2004, 01:38 PM
cramactive,

Customer Service is on the phones from 10am - 5pm CST Mon-Fri. If you've called at a time other than that, that would be why you got the message. If you get that message during those hours, let us know, so we can check to make sure there's not a techincal problem.

You can use whichever LW[8] serial number on whichever computer. However, once you register, that serial number will be tied to whichever product lock ID you enter with it when you register.

cramactive
05-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Thank you!

I called several times today over the past few hours ~11-2 CST and got the message.

Kurtis
05-04-2004, 01:56 PM
I just went over there, so I know they are there and on the phones now, but let me check into the system.

Bones_3DFC
05-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by brap
It appears that you can have 7.5 and 8 installed at the same time. I've been running that way 2 days now with no problems. You will need your hardware lock id, but then the online registration automatically generates a new permanent ID for 8
enjoy!
This is absolutely correct.
I have both 7.5 and 8 installed and they are seperate.

LW 8 does NOT "overwrite" LW 7.5.

And in my oppinion, that be a good thing :)