PDA

View Full Version : kenny the shark -- animation still for project

chilledaqua
05-04-2004, 11:08 AM
I worked on this for about a day for the shark and a day for the background/trees etc. i need to add some more to the scene but i like how the unrealshader worked out. The image is stright from LW

DM67
05-04-2004, 11:44 AM
hey chilledaqua,
looks good.
kenny the shark is amazing :D
cool work.

cheers
Tony

freedik
05-04-2004, 12:35 PM
I think it needs some more work. It looks "wrong" at the first look, I think it's mostly because of the uneven blur at the same distance in different parts of picture. Also some shades are very sharp while others are blurred as in real life. No consistency.

It's hard to tell what's good and right after tweaking the same scene for several hours. That's why I thought I give my second opinion :)
I usually take a break sometimes and leave render on screen, when I come back and take a fresh look at it, I can tell straightaway what could be improved, even though everything looked good when I left.

chilledaqua
05-04-2004, 02:50 PM
hey thanks for the feedback. i'll adjust the f-stop so the focus doesnt fall off so fast. it's supposed to look harsh where the highlights are since it's simulating a hand-drawn image

IgnusFast
05-04-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by chilledaqua
I worked on this for about a day for the shark and a day for the background/trees etc. i need to add some more to the scene but i like how the unrealshader worked out. The image is stright from LW

I love the ground and trees, but as mentioned, the DOF is too severe. And for some reason (even with the shadow), stylistically the shark stands out too much from the rest of the scene. I guess he should, being a shark on land and all, but it is rather jarring.

red_eyes23
05-13-2004, 02:24 PM
Nice concept and realization too.
Good job

glassefx
05-13-2004, 02:52 PM
It is cool to realize I am not the only 3der who watches Kenny... I was thinking to myself last Saturday morning which of the two NBC cartoons would make it into the cartoon hall of fame so to speak... Kenny or Tutenstein. I enjoy watching Kenny better but I am thinking tut will be the bigger because of the cool X-files/stargate effect Egypt and Pyrmids have on the science fiction/fantasy genre here of late (93 and up). And the fact that the show is a great vehicle to present any situation to the audience which means a longer shelf life.

Anyway... I dig your work! good job... I agree with other fellow 3ders crits on the fstop setting. I was wondering how big did you model Kenny? Is the scene to scale somewhat?

chilledaqua
07-14-2004, 09:54 PM
hello! It's been a while since I've updated this thread, but yes... the shark is somewhat to scale according to the references I had available... im not sure in real life how many meters he is tall but everything is proportional in the scene. I do agree the fstop is a bit much. I was experimenting with DOF so i might have gone overkill