PDA

View Full Version : Save layout render modes

Gregor
05-04-2004, 06:50 AM
Dearest NewTek,

Could you please make Layout remember the preferred render mode of its viewports (globally for the app, that is, not scene-by-scene). Ideally, this would get saved when the user pushes "Set as default" on the display options panel. (This goes for modeler too, if it doesn't do it already, but it has better defaults and I never bump into the problem there.)

Pretty please? With sugar on top?

- Yours,
A Cool Friend of NewTek,
Herding the Cinnamon Cats

I use the "1 Top, 3 Bottom" layout pretty consistently. Layout remembers that, so that I don't have to set it every single time I start a new scene. But I'm constantly having to tell Layout that, no, I really don't want "Textured Shaded Solid" mode on the lower three viewports by default ... I always want "Front Face Wireframe" unless I set it otherwise (or load in a scene with different settings, though ideally, I also could choose whether I wanted my preference to override scenes or vice versa).

Drives me up the frickin' wall. :)

I could set up a template scene or something, but then I'd have to dredge the thing up or remember to load a plugin every time I started a new project, which would save me pretty much no time at all. I'm pondering whether it'd be useful to make a macro or something to assign to the usual Clear Scene button, but I don't think that'll help with the blank scene that is present when Layout starts up (which is how I usually wind up starting scenes).

Gregor
05-05-2004, 04:32 PM
Well, I tried LSCommander (once I found the bloody thing), and it doesn't register the changes in Layout's viewmodes. Ah, well. So much for that plan.

Time to look in the config files again...

LMUSIC
05-21-2004, 02:58 PM
In addition, I would love to see the Render Options be saved, particularly the preview size.

I almost always use the 640x480 render progress view. Every time I start layout, I have to set the render progress view (I usually forget until the first F9).