PDA

View Full Version : New to LW community

Danger Ken
03-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Hello everyone. I've been an on again off again LW user since my college days. I really haven't had much chance to delve into the program to its and my full potential. I now have time to do so, and I really desire to devote a lot of time to it.

I thought I'd post here to say hello to everyone and maybe get to know some of you fine people here. I've probably read a few of your tutorials and definately been inspired by your works.

A little background on me. I've been an artist all my life, although it is more of a hobby than job (ok, it's only a hobby). I deal a lot with computers, and that finally led me to somewhat of a juxtaposition of art and technology, which I definately have an interest in both. But, after college, my military work has taken up a lot of my time.

Now that I'm on shore duty for a few years, I'd like to really polish my skills and show off some of my imagination. I look forward to discussing LW stuff with you guys here, and learning alot from you. Perhaps you can motivate to direct my work in the right pursuits of creativity. Thanks for reading and I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Skonk
03-21-2003, 04:26 PM
Hi there :) welcome to the forums.

Hopefully everyone will make you feel welcome. If u have any problems dont hesitate to ask in the support forums, lots of ppl always happy to help.

James..

hrgiger
03-21-2003, 06:17 PM
Hey DK,

Welcome to the LW community. Yes, feel free to ask questions and be quick to share your work with us in the gallery.

Rory_L
03-21-2003, 11:46 PM
Welcome Danger Ken!

Perhaps you can motivate to direct my work in the right pursuits of creativity
Are you asking us what sort of model or image you should be making? Well, what interests you in the world? What inspires you? Do you want to tell stories, or are you on fire to present pictures of photo realistic everyday objects or fantasy designs?

Certainly look here and on the NewTek gallery for inspiration, but only looking in these places is incestuous: you`ll make far more original work if you also look to non-CG material for your ideas!

Above all, have fun and don`t hesitate to ask!

and be quick to share your work with us in the gallery.
Ack! Guilty! :D

Rory

Danger Ken
03-22-2003, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome James, hrgiger, and Rory!

I do have some of my own projects in the works, but I hope that your guidance and criticism will help me complete and improve upon my work! I have a strong talent in the 2d realm with my drawing skills, but I am ready to apply them to my fledgling 3d skills.

:D

Epita
03-22-2003, 12:58 PM
Welcome DK

As all the heavyweights have greated you now!

Remember not to start to ambitious, dont look at a car and think that right away you will be able to do something like Lewis! (if ur better than that allready fine)

Enjoy!

Epita

Skonk
03-22-2003, 05:15 PM
Having good 2d skills will really help u when it comes to 3d, i suck really bad at hand drawing so im at a disadvantage :)
Tho i do often try to scribble something down on paper before hand even if it does look like a 2 year old did it, even so it still helps.

James..