PDA

View Full Version : Importing image Sequences as clips!

multipasser
05-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Hey,

How come this feature is missing? Its so basic.
Like Afterfx/Premiere handles image sequences.
Click on first image, check the Image Sequence Button and load in the rest as a clip.

This shouldnt be to hard to do right?

greets

Rich Deustachio
05-03-2004, 06:33 PM
Two ways to do this in VT3.

First way is to use Aura, select import sequence, select the first frame, make sure preview is OFF. Then set mode to RTV and save it as an uncompressed RTV. Done.

Second way to do it in VTedit.

Set your VTedit prefences to 1 second if you have one image per second or to 1/2 if you have 1 image per frame for default still length.

Open up file bin and select the first then hold shift and select the last frame. Drag into storyboard. You can then play it as is, or select all the clips and render selected clips and save as an rtv.

I do agree that it would be nice to have it make the rtv by doing an import sequence right into VTedit.

I second your request.

MediaSig
05-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Yep...would love to see that TOO in TED.

Got my vote for that option.

Greg

Jim_C
05-03-2004, 07:00 PM
With duration of stills set in preferences, you can simply drag the folder of images itself directly on to the timeline. Set force render under it to be certain.

bradl
05-03-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Rich Deustachio
Set your VTedit prefences to 1 second if you have one image per second or to 1/2 if you have 1 image per frame for default still length. Rich, not following your math here. For 30 FPS sequence, I would set still length to 1 Frame.

Rich Deustachio
05-03-2004, 11:02 PM
What I was reffering to is that if he rendered a 60 field animation then he would set it to 1/2 second still length which would give him 30 frames a second. No?

Paul Lara
05-04-2004, 07:05 AM
No.
You mean 2 frames per image, not 1/2 second per frame.
;)

multipasser
05-04-2004, 07:51 AM
workarounds are not the way to work.
Its a very simple and basic function. And its a damn shame its not in VTedit. A discrace almost.
I hope we see it in new updates.

Because I never use .rtv or .avi files. Always use sequences.

bradl
05-04-2004, 08:26 AM
Not trying to be anal about all this, but normal sequences, e.g. Lightwave field rendered NTSC at 29.97 FPS, would simply be Default Still Length: 1 Frame.

1/2 second per frame would give you a 2 FPS animation. You would fall asleep before you animation finished!

The '2 frames per image', Paul, would not be right for standard video ('60 field per second' as metioned earlier). Now if you had 60 frame per second or 60 FPS Progressive, you would need 2 frames per image. At least that seems right to me, but I have been wrong before... sometime back in the 80's...

:)

later....

PS- Whatever is proper, I almost never do it that way, as VT is much happier with an RTV. Aura without Preload or Mirage can crank out an RTV from a sequence in less than a minute usually.

Rich Deustachio
05-04-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Paul Lara
No.
You mean 2 frames per image, not 1/2 second per frame.
;)

OK I must have been very tired when I wrote that. Thanks for clearing that up.

Thanks Brad and Paul.

Set the still length to one frame (not second) for 30 fps.