PDA

View Full Version : IK Booster Keying

TyVole
05-03-2004, 03:33 PM
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but IK Booster seems to lay down keys on the underlying bones without me creating keys (and autokey is off.) This goes against what's stated in the documentation.

Any ideas?

chilledaqua
05-03-2004, 04:51 PM
i've had the same problem. it's dangerous as it is

cresshead
05-03-2004, 04:59 PM
i read that ik booster creates keys for all bones in ikbooster mode.

read what was talked about in the community posting i put up today.

TyVole
05-03-2004, 05:13 PM
This is what the documentation says:

KeyFrame Modes

All Item:
When this mode is selected, if you create a key on an item, it creates a key for that item and the entire hierarchy.

Parent:
With Parent mode, if you create a key on an item, it creates a key for that item and every parent up that items chain.

Child:
In Child mode, if you create a key on an item, it creates a key on that item and all of its children.

Parent + Child:
In this mode, if you create a key on an item, it creates a key for that item and every parent up that items chain, and every child down the chain.

Current Item:
With Current Item mode, if you create a key on an item, it only creates the key on that item.

But I never created a key . . .

cresshead
05-03-2004, 05:20 PM
all i can say is the documentation is not correct!

read also in the docs about move mode and rotate mode...there's no text saying where you change them...form one mode to another..i feel the ikbooster documentation is rather lacking at present..something for newtek to work on...maybe those features were surposed to be in lw8.0 but never made it.

we'll see eh?