PDA

View Full Version : New free Plugin

jaeckel
05-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Hi all,

I 've finished a new UV Tool plugin ...

download here (ftp://61.213.194.19/upload/jaeckel/plugins/projectuv.p)

It's a project uvmap tool! After installing you find it under texture/project uv.

1. It use always the selected uv map or "texture" if none exsist.

2. If you rightclick in any "non uv" viewport it catures the viewportprojection.

3. If you double click with the left mouse button it try to fetch the polygons normal of your selection to project the mapping.

ok that's all have a nice day with it ...

fortress
05-03-2004, 10:33 AM
This plug in is great
this is exactly what i have needed

Thank You

ktrumble
05-03-2004, 10:40 AM
thanks

MrWyatt
05-03-2004, 11:17 AM
great plugin . kudos

:D

Karmacop
05-03-2004, 11:32 AM
:eek:

This is very very nice. Thank you very much.

Is it possible to;

support cylindrical, spherical etc ?

have more than one uv mapping at once ie, 2 cylindrical and a planar and have them make one uv map (this is connected to the next request)

Weight each point to a mapping type above ie point is weighted 50% to planar1 and 50% to cylindrical2

It's a great looking tool though. The one bug is that if you have 2 layers selected and the polygon you're trying to align to is in the second layer, the uv projection doesn't get aligned to your selected polygon. Again, thanks :)

thekho
05-03-2004, 11:50 AM
Very nice plugin! Thanks :)

flashover
05-04-2004, 02:00 AM
Tnx for the plug-in.
Can you to create a plug for UV Map that unwarp the head model automatic? With the normal tool is impossible to create a good map of head or similar object!
Bye :)

jaeckel
05-04-2004, 02:01 AM
Good morning everyone!

I've updated my plugin last night. :o ( uaaahhhh ) ...
Now it can project a cylindrical map and interpolate it with the planar.

How does it works?

Now there is a "Bendfactor" in the numeric panel. This allowes to bend the uv plane round the v axis.

I hope thats what karmacop wants.

ps:

If there is any lw8 user who try the plugin, please make a screen shot and tell me how it works.

dowload project uv v0.2 (ftp://61.213.194.19/upload/jaeckel/plugins/projectuv2.p)

jaeckel
05-04-2004, 02:11 AM
A unwrap plugin, is more complex than this one, but I plan a set of uv tools and there should be a place for such a plugin.

Karmacop
05-04-2004, 04:54 AM
Sorry, I'm bad at explaining things :(

Ok, in my picture below, the object is basically a plain with the edges bent down. So to us map this without any disortions, I use 3 projectuv tools, two cylindrical for the bent ends, and one planar for the flat middle. I could add as many of these project uv tools as I wanted as my object got more complex, and use weight maps to tell which points to follow which projections. Is this possible or not? Of course I understand it'd be a lot of work though :(

But yeah, this is a great tool. Possibly contact Newtek about help or something, because this is exactly how I'd like uv mapping to work. Again, great work.

tudor
05-04-2004, 06:15 AM
Really cool plug!
I will use it a lot!

Just one thing. It does not do cylindrical projection.. Is it possible to make it bend to a circle at 100% bend.. Tried 200% bend, but it did not look good.

jaeckel
05-04-2004, 06:40 AM
Hi,

to karma:

I believe it's not usefull that the plugin handles more than one uv grid. The reason is, that more than one UV grid makes it very slow.
But I think, you can work with the polygons selection to do what you want.

I've a shortcut for it. This allowes me to toggle between select polygons and project uv, that really speeds up my work.

to tudor:

A value over 100% is not nessesary. Just drag the plane/cage into the middle of your geometrie. It should compledly mapped cylindrical.

jaeckel

tudor
05-04-2004, 07:07 AM
Does not work for me I am afraid..
Neither in LW7.5 or 8..
It is just a semi circle mapping..

edit

It works, but it seems a bit weird.. Might be hard to explain to a newbie to UV mapping..

/edit

jaeckel
05-04-2004, 08:11 AM
Ok,
i'm understanding. But this is only a project UV Tool this means it works mainly in the perspective viewport. With the current projection. If you need "basic" cylindrical mapping you can use te Texture Guide tool.

jeackel

tudor
05-04-2004, 08:20 AM
Hell no.. I won't use the texture guide..
Your plug is better :D
And it looks way cooler aswell :)

It is just this tiny little thing that keeps if from being totally intuitive.

Karmacop
05-04-2004, 08:59 AM
Oh ok jaeckel, thanks anyway. It's a great tool, and I think all of Lightwave's uv mapping tools should look like this, but again I think I'll stick with my method of unwrapping the object as a morph map, and then just planar mapping that. Maybe I just need someone to teach me to uv map :p

Chingis
05-04-2004, 03:49 PM
Hey, that link isn't working for me. Could someone re-post the plug?

Thanks,
Chris

Wickster
05-04-2004, 07:44 PM
:D :D :) :D :) :) :D :) :D

a standing ovation for tudor for an awesome plugin and even more excellent customer support here on the thread. thanks tudor! keep up the great work!

thekho
05-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Hey Wickster

Tutor don't made this plugin. Jaeckel made it.

Thanks very much, jaeckel :D

jaeckel
05-05-2004, 02:13 AM
You can find the plugins at "ftp://61.213.194.19/upload/jaeckel/plugins/".

I hope that helps.

-- jaeckel

3dworks
05-05-2004, 04:54 AM
please, is it working on osx, too?

best regards

markus groeteke
3dworks visual computing

jaeckel
05-05-2004, 05:54 AM
for the mac version I have to get a mac ... I think this is possible, but i have to finish the pc version before porting it to OSX.

-- jeackel

Radioactivedog
05-05-2004, 07:38 AM
link says page cannot be displayed

jaeckel
05-05-2004, 08:12 AM
If it really not work send me an email : [email protected] and I will send you the plugin.

Karmacop
05-05-2004, 08:55 AM
jaeckel, I could host the plugin on my site now worries .. or even give you a subdomain if you're thinking of making more plugins?

EDIT: Also, I think Richard Brak (I think that's him) will usually convert pc plugins to Mac if you ask nicely enough .. and give him the code. :p

jaeckel
05-05-2004, 10:06 AM
A subdomain would be very nice ...

Karmacop
05-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Well, as long as you keep everything on the site free it's yours. Just tell me what you'd like it to be and you can have yourname.ghostoutpost.com . I've been hosting thespread.ghostoutpost.com for awhile ... it's not updated, I just offered to host it after Faulknermano stopped developing and was going to shut the site down.

Umm ... yeah anyway, just send a private message with what you'd like the name to be as well as a password (I think only I can set and change the password sorry :( ) and I'll try and get the site up for you as quickly as possible :)

jaeckel
05-06-2004, 01:58 AM
How about a "plugins page" on your site. I think at the moment a subdomain is not usefull, because it's only this one plugin on it.
Feel free to offer the download on your page. It's on problem.

-- jaeckel

Karmacop
05-06-2004, 02:44 AM
Yeah, I've been meaning to update my site for ages :(

Well I'll put the plugin up on my site for you .. and try and update the entire site soon ... but the offer stands if you start making more plugins and want your own site :)

djepyon
05-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Is the plugin now availbe for download elsewhere? When I try to acces the link it says I dont have permissions.

Wickster
05-06-2004, 07:14 PM
:confused: what the!!! sorry for the mix up earlier. that happens when you're 36 hours awake.

ok i hope i get this right this time...ahem.

give it up for jaeckel!!! woohooo! no seriously. this is a great plug in. and check out that tech support support going on here. so jaeckel, what type of plugin are you planning on programming next? whatever it is i'm sure it'll be great. keep up the great work!

Karmacop
05-06-2004, 09:25 PM
Ok, I have a copy of it at

http://www.ghostoutpost.com/codes/projectuv2.p