PDA

View Full Version : LW8 arrived in Portland, OR

sfriedberg
05-03-2004, 06:46 AM
Postal service delivered Lightwave 8 to the Portland, Oregon area over the weekend.

As noted by some other people, don't shred the envelope as the serial number is printed on the mailing label. It is not included inside the package anywhere.

Also as noted by others, one of the CD's was rattling around loose inside the DVD case. In my case it was the program disk, with a non-trivial scratch. Fortunately, it wasn't bad enough to prevent installation.

Stu F.

wacom
05-03-2004, 10:02 AM
I received mine on Thursday with the same CD issue.

byte_fx
05-03-2004, 12:43 PM
Has not arrived at this Portland, OR address.

Not surprising as NewTek's in-house data system has really gone to pieces. I received six seperate notifications of the freebie (after having to call when all my enails went unanswered ad on-line registration of the upgrade got no results). So I'll bet they didn't count the freebie registration but instead counted the non-registration of tte later notications and dropped me from shipping database.

When it does arrive I doubt I'll bother opening it.

I've used LW since 3.5 and love it but this fiasco is just too much. I'll probaly be putting un-registered LW 8 and dfx+ up for sale if the update ever arrives.

byte_fx - really po'd at Newtek service ....

wacom
05-03-2004, 12:59 PM
You should give them a call again. Did you register UVedit Pro? And did you buy directly from NewTek or from a resaler? If you did the later then you should go through the confermation system on the site.

Also- I ordered mine in June 2003...that might have something to do with it...

byte_fx
05-03-2004, 02:30 PM
No - I shouldn't give them a cal. The phone reps have always been good and I don't want to express my feelings to them - it's not their fault. Besides - the way I feel now any phone call to them would be to return the whole mess - LW 8 (if it ever gets here) and dfx+ (which is totally useless to me anyway because the output quality appears to be low).

Yes - I ordered from Newtek - called direct after leaving several messages and getting no response from the regional sales offices. Don't know what those people do all day but they never answer their phone.

Yes - I registered the uv edit thing - which I only got thanks to calling - I'd been trying to register the 7.5 upgrade cd for four months via on-line form and emails to customer service.

But I only registered the first time I received the email about uv edit - not the subsequent five emails about it that trickled in over a ten day period after that.

Three of the people I know in my area ordered within the last five weeks and got theirs last week.

I put a couple of feelers out on some graphics forums and have already received several positive responses interested in purchaing the whole package. About the only thing left to decide is what to get as a replacement - that's going to be hard as most have really clunky interfaces.

Frankly over the years I've been a strong supporter of LW and can't even remember how many people bought it after I demo'ed it for them. Customer service was always one of the things I stressed as being good.

byte_fx -wondering if the upgrade comes close to being worth the hassle

byte_fx
05-03-2004, 03:09 PM
I'd LOL if it wasn't so frustrating. Just got an email from a buddy - his upgrade came Saturday - all three of them!!!

That's right - he received one package with four supplementry cd's and three complete sets of the LW 8 program and data cds.

Looks like that fulfillment house was a bad choice fellas.

byte_fx - checking out maya ..... and it's cost