PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable LW[8] Discovery Edition

Original1
05-03-2004, 05:40 AM
Is there a download link for the Downloadable LW[8] Discovery Edition OSX version that way I can work my way through the docs on my MAc laptop while I am waiting for my LW[8] upgrade to come.

cresshead
05-03-2004, 07:03 AM
no, not yet, proton emailed me that newtek are working on a discovery edition of lw8..by that i would take it a cdrom version like i have for lightwave 7.5 as newtek need to see what to pack in from the 4 cdrom's onto a single cdrom for distribrution via mail or on cover cdroms on magazines.

when you get the commercial version of lw8 if you pul the dongle it will run in discovery mode which has the same limitations as lightwave 7.5..400 points per layer, no saving in layout and the check patterned watermark on renders..now, proton siad that newtek are working on a discovery version..this may also mean that the limitations of that could differ from what we have now seeing as most of the upgrading in lw8 is in layout...so there maybe a different watermark or soe limited save ability...we'll have to wait n see on that score.

steve g

cresshead
05-03-2004, 07:05 AM
oh..a basic install without help system is about 74 mb....i placed a copy of the installed folders on my usb memory key [128mb] and run it fromm there for teaching lightwave 8.0 in college for the time being.

steve g