PDA

View Full Version : Speed Razor Audio Problems with VT2

Dave5121
03-21-2003, 11:08 AM
I have been speaking with In-Sync about this issue, and they have stated that I am not the only one with this problem. I currently am using build 3890 and I edit with Speed Razor. When playing a project sometimes the computer locks up and the video keeps playing and a message comes up about 10-20 seconds later with 'WAV file reader / writer - Unable to close audio properly - Click OK'. If you click ok, you can continue editing, but it soon does it again. In-Sync has had me check all the setting on the computer and in Speed Razor. I've turned off the integrated audio board on this Dell 530. The problem still occurs. Any ideas? I've contacted NewTek, and they said it was a In-Sync issue. In-Sync I believe is in the process of contacting Newtek about this problem, because I am not the only user having this issue. Please help if you have had these problems and surpased them.

Thanks,

Dave5121

Pete Draves
03-21-2003, 05:31 PM
I have sometimes fixed this problem with rtme.exe. thisd is a temp fix.
usually i just tap the time line with the cursor umtol is stops and resets. no workaround yet. this problem has been there for several builds. I reported this privatley to the programers and developers at in-sync. I am one of the beata testors. the bug is in the toaster driver as far as i can see. it affects 4.8se 4.8 domgle
2000 2000x. the only thing in comon is the toaster driver. this was not present in toaster 1 with external audio boards. The external audio boards work only with razor now and not with TEd!
so please bear with this until it is fixed

What motherboard are you using? I need to know this.

Pete Draves
CV Productions Milwaukee WI

Dave5121
03-24-2003, 07:27 AM
I'm not sure the exact motherboard I have, but it is from Dell. It is a Dell Precision Workstation 530.

Pete Draves
03-24-2003, 09:13 AM
Thankyou this will help. In-sync has said that this is a motherboard specific problem in the past and this will help find the problem. I think is is the driver. not razor specific.

Pete Draves

Dave5121
03-24-2003, 09:15 AM
Please let me know if you hear of anything about a fix.

Thanks!

Pete Draves
03-25-2003, 06:34 AM
Speed Razor 5.5 coming soon. see the in-sync web site.
www.in-sync.com

Pete

Pete Draves
03-26-2003, 07:39 PM
I know this is not the final answer, but...
build toaster build 2881 ( a stand alone build) does not have the audio problem.
this seems to be a stop-gap measure till the problem is fixed.
I do most of my editing in Razor so this will have to do.

The Toaster is on of the best cards for uncompressed video capture on the market and Speed razor is a remarkable edit and multi-layered compositing engine, far surpassing anything on the market.

Pete