PDA

View Full Version : ARG!!!-HARD DYNAMICS!!! it will not work!!!

nerdyguy227
05-02-2004, 02:34 PM
I must have tryed 30 times but every time it does the same thing!!!

I made a wine glass using the lath tool and put it on a plain (the flat surrface). I added a bounce sphere and I want it to hit the wine glass and shader it. When I hit calculate it goes to the first frame and freses. Can anyone tell me what it wrong?

THANK YOU!!!

badllarma
05-02-2004, 02:55 PM
nerdyguy227 I'd make sure all the plugins have installed correctly a couple of guys have had problem that seem to be the fact not all the plugins have been installed automatically.EG go and install them yourself.

Then if no luck I' d conatct NewTek support direct

SplineGod
05-02-2004, 03:07 PM
I believe for the wine glass to shatter is must be already cut up into individual pieces but all in the same layer.

nerdyguy227
05-02-2004, 07:09 PM
It was actualy going really slow, I found out after waiting about an hour to go to the next frame. Now my problem is why won't it shadder (now it justs splits into 2 pecies)?

hcir
05-03-2004, 12:47 AM
hey nerdyguy227 i see you got 8 on sat.also. -i seem to have the same problem
only i was using the street lamp obj. i hit calculate and thought it froze also. -i think they cut that out on the demo because it looks like it takes a couple of seconds not mins.i thought iwas doing some thing wrong.does anyone know if this is a processor thing or setting?

cagey5
05-03-2004, 01:13 AM
Nerdyguy
As Splinegod has already said, the glass need to be broken up in modeller before you try this. Certainly that was my impression too from watching the videos where the toy gets broken to it's component parts rather than shattered randomly. Try repeating your test with an object made up of more pieces to compare.

nerdyguy227
05-04-2004, 04:00 PM
I will try that.............................after my homework