PDA

View Full Version : Color Picker

Earl
05-02-2004, 11:27 AM
Please NewTek, add options for a Hue-based color picker, and sliders (real sliders - as shown in attached images). PLEASE! It can't be that hard... Picking Colors should be effortless.

Earl
05-02-2004, 11:29 AM
Both could benefit from sliders...

Also, please add a location node displaying where on the color gradients your current color is located (makes minor adjusting easier).

Lynx3d
05-03-2004, 07:39 AM
I actually wonder why no one bothers writing a better color picker as plugin, there's an extra plugin class...

To be honest i don't care if thos are real sliders or minisliders...
i'd rather like the wavelength thingie to be repaired, picking a wavelength from the gradient yield a totally different color than thyping in that same wavelength in the field besides...

Earl
05-03-2004, 11:09 AM
Hmmm, I hadn't noticed that. If I had any programming experience, I'd write a nice color picker plugin myself. But alas, I've gotta rely on NewTek to implement this... :rolleyes:

bblevins
05-04-2004, 01:46 AM
I'd love to see a color wheel.

In fact I would love to have a better color picker for windows in general.

Matt
05-04-2004, 04:48 AM
I use this one:

Picky
http://www.sabermann.uklinux.net/picky.php3

Hate the LW one, constant window size changes, no idicators as to where you are in the colour spectrum etc.

Simon
05-04-2004, 09:05 AM
Yeah I use that Picky one too. The colour tree window that opens with the picker is excellent. Also, you can get some pretty funky results using it to pick colours from an HDR image, it makes the numbers on LW's little rgb buttons go above 255.

Shame it's not been updated for a while, it would be better if you could add colours and organise the tree yourself. Actually I think you can but you'd need to add the rgb values with notepad or something to it's config file it uses but that's not exactly user friendly.