PDA

View Full Version : Glitchy properties panel (screenshot)

Carm3D
05-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Hullo,

I'm using LW8 for the first time today, so far it's quite stable; except for this one thing:

http://www.carm3d.net/Glitchy.GIF

This is the camera properties panel. I can still use it because I kinda know where everything is. Things re-draw as I hover my cursor over them. It looks like it's blending stuff from the bone properies panel with the camera properties. Kinda funky.

JamesCurtis
05-01-2004, 09:57 PM
Looks like it may be a video graphics card driver issue - but not 100% sure. Newest drivers installed?? I had a similar problem with LW7.5c on XP until I updated my video card drivers. The redraw thing you mention had occurred in my situation too. I'm hoping when I finally recieve my LW8 that everything will be okay.

theo
05-01-2004, 10:38 PM
That has got to be a video card issue. I am running an Nvidia Quadro FX 1100 and the menus are super sharp.

I wonder if reinstalling your video drivers might be helpful in this situation? On rare occasions software installs can goof up video drivers. The obvious thing is what James said about updating your drivers but a long shot might also be to also test with an older video driver.

Sounds nuts- but this worked for me on the last Nvidia card I had with another program. I had some major graphics issues with a particular piece of software where the solution just eluded me. Finally after trying everything I did what any computer hack hates-I downgraded the drivers. It fixed the problem though. Main thing is the fix got me to this latest card where I have had no issues whatsoever.

Just a thought.

Carm3D
05-01-2004, 10:42 PM
Yep, that was it. I just updated my video card drivers (GeForce4 Ti4600) and it's all good now.
:D