PDA

View Full Version : Good time to be a Newtek customer!

theo
05-01-2004, 04:22 PM
These are good times boys and girls to be Newtekian spawn.

Newtek in my opinion has done well, very well indeed.

Man, what a bunch of whiners out there. Sniffle, sniffle... the UI hurts my eyes... sniffle, sniffle.... the help system is too nice... sniffle, sniffle... that one thingamabob doesn't print out free money.... sniffle, sniffle.....Good grief what next?

We have made out like bandits here peope- A high-end compositor, an additional UV editor, and an outstanding LW upgrade FOR A MEASLY $495.00!!!

The fat lady has sung. Have a nice weekend Wavers :)

adhesiveX
05-01-2004, 04:57 PM
How true my friend.:)

js33
05-01-2004, 05:30 PM
I totally agree. Thanks Newtek. I wonder what kind of freebies Maya, XSI and Max upgraders got?

Cheers,
JS

Jean-Paul Lar.
05-01-2004, 07:04 PM
Agree an out standing deal. just wish they put the online form for resellers up sooner then april 29th my only gripe. but 8 looks amazing from the side lines so im happy. :D go newtek go!!!

theo
05-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Hang in there Jean- The gray lady will be in your arms before you know it buddy.

Jean-Paul Lar.
05-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by theo
Hang in there Jean- The gray lady will be in your arms before you know it buddy.

Ya for sure man. and its gonna be sweet.:)
the new dynamics look like there gonna be lots of fun. Im looking forward to the new bone tools also, have fun with 8 man.
:D

riki
05-01-2004, 10:14 PM
I'm less than impressed with the distribution process here. I had to pay about US$660 for my 7-8 upgrade. When I questioned the reseller I was told that the justification for the extra change included US$100 for express delivery. Which is a complete load of bull. There's no way it could cost that much and take this long to arrive.

In comparission I orderred 2 DVDs from Gnomon which only cost me US$18 bucks for frieght and they arrived two days later. Now we find out that the LW8 disks aren't even being sent directly to users but to the distributor to undergo a secondary distribution process.

theo
05-01-2004, 10:21 PM
That is yucksville Riki. Next time you probably ought to order directly through Newtek.

Big ouch here too as I doubt this will make your local distributor jump up and down for joy but your needs come first.

Signal to Noise
05-02-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by js33
I totally agree. Thanks Newtek. I wonder what kind of freebies Maya, XSI and Max upgraders got?

Cheers,
JS

Hmmm...let's see...

Maya: zilch.
XSI: nada (but they don't really need anything else)

{drumroll please}

Max: more free bugs!

:D

riki
05-02-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by theo
That is yucksville Riki. Next time you probably ought to order directly through Newtek.

Newtek won't allow me to purchase directly through them. I have to go through a reseller. But since there's only one Distributer here, they have no competition and can dictate what ever terms they want.

Aegis
05-02-2004, 02:03 AM
All the same I'd complain to NewTek if I was you - sounds like they're profiteering and whacking up the price like that reflects badly not only on them but on NewTek too...

Karmacop
05-02-2004, 02:55 AM
Ricki, we're also paying for international shipping, insurance, and taxes.They also need to price for fluctuations in the dollar.

riki
05-02-2004, 04:08 AM

Librarian
05-02-2004, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by js33

Cheers,
JS
Let`s see...
Deliberated features that work as excpected?
Beside Max, less bugs and stable?
Undos for everything?
History?
Non linear editing?
Edges?
Modern rendering features?

Wow, cool 'freebies'. Wish LW had them :rolleyes:
It`s not my intention to blame LW. But the others don`t need freebies to appease their customers.
They give them what they need and had paid for, the product itself.
Do you really think NT gives away all the freebies just because they love us so much? Holding customers is the reason. That`s nothing bad, just natural :cool:

Aegis
05-02-2004, 05:49 AM
Beside Max, less bugs and stable?

That cracks me up! :D :D :D :D

Wonder how much longer Discreet can maintain Max's price now that Softimage have jumped on the bandwagon and announced the "Foundation" version??

petermark
05-02-2004, 06:36 AM
Kudos to Newtek on a great product!

Original1
05-02-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Aegis

Wonder how much longer Discreet can maintain Max's price now that Softimage have jumped on the bandwagon and announced the "Foundation" version??

I have to agree, I have worked on project where we have to have MAX as part if the production pipeline because of the output to shockwave 3D

Every so often you would hear this soft little scream from the 3d artists which meant they had lost a couple of hours work cause MAX had crashed

Librarian
05-02-2004, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Aegis

Not to forget the Essential for 3999$. How much is Max? 4900$?
It`s ridiculous! The Essential beats the **** out of Max.
Discreet has to lower prices in the future.
Or come out with some super features, but since they are well known for adopting rather than deleloping, I doubt this will happen.
At last it`s the user who benefits from the drifting down of prices
:p