PDA

View Full Version : Can't find serial number for Lightwave 8

Radiolarian
05-01-2004, 12:00 PM
I got Lightwave 8 today in the mail I installed it and everything went fine. But when I tried to register it I could not find the serial number. Your registration page says " You can find the serial number on the outside of the LightWave box (for our boxed versions), on the DVD case, on the Program CD, and on the mailing label (for those who received the free upgrade by US Mail). " I got the free upgrade on the mail but I cannot find any serial number in the dvd case, program cd or mailing label. There is a tiny number on the inner silver side of all the cds but I doubt that this is the serial number. I got 14 days to register so any help would be most welcomed.

lasvideo
05-01-2004, 12:31 PM
Check the bottom line on the shipping label on the envelope
it came in. I also was going nuts thinking they left it off my stuff...you will find what you need there.

Radiolarian
05-01-2004, 01:19 PM
Thanks a lot. I can't believe I missed that.

larrfull
05-01-2004, 07:50 PM
I have another related and possibly dumb question: The instructions that came with the LW8 upgrade detailed how to do a new install but made no mention of how to install an upgrade over LW7.5. I combed the web site and was unable to find any clues at all.

Can anyone give me a few words about how they successfully installed their upgrade. Thanks!

--larry

Ratboy
05-01-2004, 08:00 PM
Just install it. It'll ignore your 7.5 install, so you can go back and use that version if you need to.

Signal to Noise
05-01-2004, 08:02 PM
If you already have 7 or 7.5 AND a dongle then you just need to do a Custom install. Install everything you'd like EXCEPT for the Sentinel Drivers. You can leave your dongle attached to the computer. By default [8] will install to it's folder so there is no worry of it overwriting your older version of LW. Once everything is to your satisfaction you can decide on whether to nuke LW 7+. Or keep 'em both on and do double LightWave!

Have fun!