PDA

View Full Version : nissan_kato-kato

miso popovic
05-01-2004, 09:20 AM
inspired by the "lost in translation" movie:)

riki
05-01-2004, 10:19 PM
Possibly the best movie I've seen in the past 12 months.

marble_sheep
05-04-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by riki
Possibly the best movie I've seen in the past 12 months.

Nah, Eternal Sunshine was way better. :p

Anyway... about the car... good work! It looks like the seam around the door could use some clean-up. Also, the texture isn't very car-like. Maybe try with some reflection. I really like the stylized image, though... especially those stars in the background. Great stuff!!

Lewis
05-04-2004, 09:43 AM
Hi !

It's very nice and stylish :)

Some nitpicks are already mentioned before but here is another one :). I belive that we should see RED trails of those stars trought car windows since they are transparent - right ;)?

good work miso

chilledaqua
05-04-2004, 10:59 AM
looking at the image, it seems as though it was antialiased separate from the background. In particular, a white background because of the white glow around the car... so the stars would have no effect even if the reflective properties of the car were tweeked. maybe next time the background could be included as the backdrop/imageword etc when rendering next time.... the windows do look somewhat flat as Lewis mensions. seems to be an ok car model just some texture work should make it a little more believable

miso popovic
05-04-2004, 12:37 PM
i did this whole image as a funny japanes style-poster thing, thus the unrealistic car surface and that's why the stars don't show behind the window, that's why you can see the white'ish line around the whole car :) here is the real stuff:) yea, that door thing is true, it could be a little more tighter, and i just couldn't get those seats in the car to look good (as you'll see in the image posted)...

freedik
05-04-2004, 12:41 PM
Haven't seen the movie but this asian colourful and screaming design has always been refreshing and funny to me :)

As for the model, it's a bit roughly made. Especially the doors and the roof.

*edit* oops, you posted car pics while I typed :D After seeing those your model doesn't look bad any more, lol.

sKb875
05-05-2004, 08:00 AM
Wow, That looks REALLY good! Do you have any plans of animating it? Not too many people animate their cars... Atleast that I know of...

miso popovic
05-06-2004, 12:11 PM
tnx:), no plans of animating it for now, althoug it sounds like a cool idea, i guess the main issue for me would be the rendering time, those reflective car surfaces sure do take time to render!

DM67
05-06-2004, 03:25 PM
hey,
cool work ........ wires plz :D

cheers
Tony

miso popovic
05-07-2004, 03:03 AM
well, not much point in sending the wire-frame coz i unfortunately had to freez the mesh to add some detail that splines made to imposible to do, BUT i could use this opportunity to send a little look inside, that i made and efford to model but is not showing realy in any renders :) so here it is (with a side view wire-frame so i'm not off topic:):) )

SODAPLAY
05-07-2004, 09:31 PM
Pretty cool! Is this your first car?

- SODA

kmscottmoore
05-07-2004, 09:40 PM
Super-terrific happy hour!

Get out of my way, all of you! This is no
place for loafers. Join me or die. Can you do any less?

miso popovic
05-08-2004, 07:08 AM
tnx:)yea, my first. i must say thoug that i did find a realy nice tute on this, so as far as modeling the basic outline of the car i can't take that much credit coz i did follow that tute. I don't know the exact link but i found it on the Newtek site. I wormly recomend it for all who never did cars. And while on the subject, i also found this cool site for car blooprints (side view,top view), and other blooprints:http://www.onnovanbraam.com