PDA

View Full Version : FLX plug-in for Photoshop

Beamtracer
05-01-2004, 08:58 AM
Newtek has developed a plug-in for Photoshop that allows the 32bpc FLX image format to be viewed in Photoshop. The plug-in is included with new versions of Lightwave, and is not released separately.

My suggestion is that the plug-in should be available free for download on the Newtek website. This is the only way that the FLX image format would become more widely used.

An After Effects FLX plug-in would also be useful.

Original1
05-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Can Photoshop actually handle 32bpc?

Are there any plans to write plug ins for Cinepaint or Digital fusion which would handle the floating point information better?

Elmar Moelzer
05-01-2004, 10:15 AM
What are the problems with flotaing- point in DF?
I have not had any problems so far.
FLX loads fine too.
CU
Elmar

Maxx
05-01-2004, 10:31 AM
Which versions of Photoshop work with the plug? Is it only CS, or will it load properly into my 5.0? I don't have 8 yet, so I can't test on my own... hopefully today....

Original1
05-01-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Elmar Moelzer
What are the problems with flotaing- point in DF?
I have not had any problems so far.
FLX loads fine too.
CU
Elmar

I haven't got access to the full version of Digital fusion 4 only DFX+. I hadn't tried loading FLX so I was curious thats all.

Elmar Moelzer
05-01-2004, 12:01 PM
Ahh, ok :)
I dont know DFX, so I am just on the other side ;)
CU
Elmar

Beamtracer
05-01-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Original1
Can Photoshop actually handle 32bpc? No, Photoshop can only handle 16bpc. However, the FLX plug-in is a way for it to load an FLX image and convert it to 16bpc.

If you send someone an image you have just made, the person on the other end needs to have the plug-in to read it. This is why it should be freely available for download.

Original1
05-02-2004, 06:33 AM
Thats a pity, I sometimes use FLX as a way to do global illumination and it would be nice to be able to edit / tweak /fake high levels of luminosity in 32 bits per channel.