PDA

View Full Version : How to increase the frames between all keyframes

madheavy
04-30-2004, 09:35 PM
Hello,
Quick question.
I have an animation in which I'm working on. The timing is all wrong, meaning that the action happens way too fast. All I need is to add space (and even amount of space between every keyframe for all items and everything will look good).

Here is the issue. I can use the scale feature in scene manager and scale all items and it does indeed do that, it corrects the timing. However it moves most of the keys to fractional frames (ie 8.49). Annoying and very hard to work with.

Is there a way I can get the same results without having fractional keyframes?

Thanks alot. If there is a solution, then I can do more pose-to-pose animation for the first pass.

:D

Danner
04-30-2004, 09:59 PM
go to prefs and disable fractional frames

madheavy
05-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Yeah dude, thanks for the suggestion, but when you disable "allow fractional current frame" it still will create fractional keyframes, however it will not allow you to 'select' them.

Any other ideas out there?

Danner
05-01-2004, 11:36 PM
Actually Yes, you could also add to a graph editor all the splines that move on your objects, cameras, bones etc. and Stretch your keyframes there, (keyboard shortcut is "h" or click on the middle icon) with ctrl LMB your selected splines and keys will stretch in time with the mose movement but they will allways fall on an integer keyframe, if you have disabled fractional keyframes.

To add items to the graph editor just shift click from the list on the bottom left corner. to filter out unwanted channels you can use the filter tool. For example if you only wanted to see the X position of all your selected objects, go to the "selection" and use "filter curves" in the requester type *.x