PDA

View Full Version : Problems, Problems, Problems

DanRoberts
04-30-2004, 05:00 PM
Hi All,

New to the board. Anyway I just received my LW7.5 shipment. Ive ren into some problems (I think). ok here goes.

1) The LW install found and older sentianl driver so I let it uninstall it (its whats used for my cubase install) ... not sure if my cubase will work anymore :(.

2) LW wanted to reboot the sytem but no matter how many time I install the Sentinal drivers the LW install keeps telling me that its not installed so I eventually just installed LW anyway. That worked to some degree.

3) LW starts in demo mode (as expected) and displayes a HW Lock number ... which I used to register (its late friday so I dont know when Ill get my key).

4) I was reading the LW7 manual that came with the shippment and it said I should have a "License.Key" file in ../programs/LightWave_Supprt ... well there is no such directory in my LW install and I serched the entire drive for this file ... it does not exist.

So basically the install was dodgy at best and Im not sure what to do when I get my Licence key ... as I dont know where to put it :(.

LW and Modeler do run in demo mode so thats good, not sure if my cubase install is now messed up and I dont know where to put the license when it comes :(

Any thoughts or help from anyone?

My System.

Win XP Prof., Running as Admin.
1GB Mem, Plenty of Hard disk.
Ati Radeon 9700 Pro Graphics card.

I had no programs running when I installed.

Thanks in advance :)

Dan

tmdag
04-30-2004, 06:33 PM
license.key is only blank TXT file where you have to enter key that You will get it. So just make new blank txt file and name it "license.key" .. also check if you haven't named it "license.key.txt" (it might happened if You have "hide known file extensions")

.. and put it to ../Lightwave/programs/

Lightwave will work as a demo untill You will not receive your License.key

about HW key (if You still have any problems) .. if you have PC and WinXP or simmilar just put USB HW key to differend USB slot in your PC. XP should find new haredware .. so install it'x drivers from cd.. maybe that will help

DanRoberts
04-30-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by tmdag
license.key is only blank TXT file where you have to enter key that You will get it. So just make new blank txt file and name it "license.key" .. also check if you haven't named it "license.key.txt" (it might happened if You have "hide known file extensions")

.. and put it to ../Lightwave/programs/

Lightwave will work as a demo untill You will not receive your License.key

about HW key (if You still have any problems) .. if you have PC and WinXP or simmilar just put USB HW key to differend USB slot in your PC. XP should find new haredware .. so install it'x drivers from cd.. maybe that will help

tx tmdag ... very helpfull indeed ... also good news :) ... my cubase works as it should ... now all i have to figure out why the hub appears to no be working.

i am using zone alarm though.

DanRoberts
04-30-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by DanRoberts
tx tmdag ... very helpfull indeed ... also good news :) ... my cubase works as it should ... now all i have to figure out why the hub appears to no be working.

i am using zone alarm though.

hmmm ... even when i turn off zone alarm ... the hub doesnt start ... anybody have this? ... maybe its a demo mode thing?

discode
04-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Im not positive about this but i dont beleive that the hub works in the demo mode.

Just tested it here and that seems to be the case. I removed the liscence key from my program files directory and then launched modeler in demo mode and no hub. I put my liscence key back in and voila it works.

Once you get your liscence key you should be fine

DanRoberts
04-30-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by discode
Im not positive about this but i dont beleive that the hub works in the demo mode.

Just tested it here and that seems to be the case. I removed the liscence key from my program files directory and then launched modeler in demo mode and no hub. I put my liscence key back in and voila it works.

Once you get your liscence key you should be fine

tx 4 the reply discode ... all is good now ... I posted all my fixes in the "Solutions, Solution ..." thread.

Dan