PDA

View Full Version : First lightwave [8] Bug encountered...

ACLOBO
04-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Ok, I just received my LW[8] today and I have encounted my first BUG after only a couple of hours of it being on my machine. Don't try this at home folks.....

Ok, one of the things that I had read about [8] was that you could make polys in symetry mode. SO, this is the case if the points on either side are already laid out - you then select the points on one side of axis and make the poly. The poly on the other side will be created as well. It works fine.....

HOWEVER, if you are in "create point" mode with symetry on, make the points on one side of the axis and then try to make the poly without exiting the tool, you will get a big crash and be back to your desktop. Just a little warning folks.

So, who do I contact about this BUG?

-Adrian

tokyo drifter
04-30-2004, 04:08 PM
Don't try this at home folks..... Shouldn't other people try it to confirm it?
So, who do I contact about this BUG? That's a good question. Maybe there should be a bug thread here like what they have in the Mac forum.

prospector
04-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Aclobo

that's NOT a bug.
It is only the first 'Undocumented' shortcut.

called X-press X-it

And as the first to find the 'undocumented' shortcuts, you have the priviledge to have the keyboard key named after you.

Let us know what keystroke you pick and it will forever be remembered as " That DAMN ACLOBO key":D :D

Chuck
04-30-2004, 04:35 PM
Bugs should be reported on the General Support forum, or may be reported on the Mac or PC specific forums as well. It is also good to report them to [email protected] and to [email protected]

This thread will be moved to the General Support Forum.

ACLOBO
04-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Hey, I don't know if I am hungry for that kind of attention - to have a bug or key combo labeled after me.

Chuck - Thanks, I will send them an email on it.

As far as others trying to replicate it, go on ahead! Get into "make points" mode with symetry on. When you hit "p" to make a ploy, you should get a C++ or some other runtime error and a crash out to desktop.

-Adrian

Bytehawk
04-30-2004, 05:22 PM
confirmed here
a nice big nasty green stinky one since I tend to work a lot that way.

Just got 8 yesterday - only had one crash I couldn't replicate.

ACLOBO
04-30-2004, 06:49 PM
As per Chuck's instructions, I did send it into Newtek's bug report email link.

-Adrian

A Mejias
04-30-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by prospector
Aclobo

that's NOT a bug.
It is only the first 'Undocumented' shortcut.

called X-press X-it

And as the first to find the 'undocumented' shortcuts, you have the priviledge to have the keyboard key named after you.

Let us know what keystroke you pick and it will forever be remembered as " That DAMN ACLOBO key":D :D

Actually that was the Beta Force code name for the feature. It's now called "Exitagon."

prospector
04-30-2004, 10:24 PM
Another 'GON' ???????
I can't take them all...

Polygons
luxigons
smartgons
puttygons
Ngons

now exitgons

ARRRGGGGGGGG !!!

I'm reallygon:D

ACLOBO
05-01-2004, 02:31 AM
I had tech support already email me back that it had been reported and they gave this workaround for it... Plus, they are working on fixing the current prob...

""Already reported -- and with a workaround.

There are 2 "Make Polygon" tools -- one listed in "Modeler Tools" when you assign hotkeys.

The other is listed under "Construct" -- I believe.

If you remap your keyboard shortcut to the "non-modeler tools" one -- you can do this without crashing.

A fix is in the works for the other.

~~Deuce""

-Adrian