PDA

View Full Version : I dunno, might be handy . . .

Matt
04-30-2004, 06:16 AM
Been looking at screenshots of LightWave 8 (thanks Jaffro!)
Is it just me or are those toolbar titles just crying out to be collapsable?

Just so can load up tons of tools into one tab and collapse the groups
you don't use so often, but they're there for when you do, saves
flicking through tabs I guess, not that it's a huge hassle, but I just like the idea!

I dunno, just playing around with simple ideas for the v8 interface
(couldn't help myself, sorry!) ;)

Cheers
Matt

Exper
04-30-2004, 06:54 AM
Really good idea! :cool:

Matt
04-30-2004, 07:12 AM
It's nothing new, can't exactly take any credit for the idea, just think it would work nicely with those menus!

Exper
04-30-2004, 08:49 AM
It'd work perfectly! ;)

Karmacop
04-30-2004, 09:07 AM
Matt, I'll give you $20 right now if you start designing the LW9 interface with heaps of cool stuff like this and what you've done in the past. :p

Have you seen the modo interface? I think it acts very much how you'd like Lightwave to act ...

tokyo drifter
04-30-2004, 11:07 AM
How about after collapsing it , the title bar becomes a drop down menu so you could still have quick access to the tools.

Matt
05-04-2004, 05:09 AM
Karmacop yeah, Modo has a lot of the functionality I envisioned for the 'vX' stuff.

I'm always thinking about how to improve LightWave's interface,
I just don't mock all the ideas up, can take a lot of time! I've been
busy lately too, which is why I haven't updated my site for a while.

tokyo drifter nice idea!

sleiron
05-07-2004, 03:46 AM
Matt

good idea! Hope Newtek would give feedback on all community inputs so far in this thread.

Is there nobody who takes care, someone in a position between the community and Newtek (well, I mean would have to be someone at Newtek), and taking each input and doing a 'master' wish- / defectslist?

We then could vote on each feature how important it is to give a priority for implementation.

I'm sure Newtek is talking to corp. customers and have relations which provide feedback on features and defects, but what about in here, the community?

Just writing about problems and not getting feedback is a bit frustrating.

Hopefully engineers are reading the inputs here on a weekly basis and putting input together.

cheers
sleiron

Matt
05-07-2004, 04:09 AM
Oh they do check believe me, Deuce always keeps a keen eye on the forums.

If he had to reply to each idea he'd never get any work done, that's all!

:)