PDA

View Full Version : ooops...I crapped my pants

WilliamVaughan
04-30-2004, 03:47 AM
Ben Vost and I just watched the Ghost Warrior DVD and all I can say is..hOLY cRAP THIS ROCKS!

http://www.ghost-warrior.com/

If you would like to see a screening of it be sure to come out to 3d festival on Tuesday for the NewTek event!

Edbittner
04-30-2004, 04:07 AM
Is this available anywhere?
Ed
S*R* PRODUCTIONS

WilliamVaughan
04-30-2004, 04:26 AM
from the site you can order the DVD....and he has a book out called CGI Flim making that walks you thru the creation of the entire film and is simply amazing!

Nemoid
04-30-2004, 05:22 AM
really, can't wait to receive my copy of this rockin all Lw production.
Tim is a great artist. :)

theo
04-30-2004, 06:33 AM
Tim's book is superb as well. His book is not a technical tome perse' and I wish he would have shared more of his DF-related techniques but as a whole "CGI Filmmaking" is an invaluable synopsis of the fimmaking experience and offers excellent insights and direction on how to approach the many phases of movie development. If this is your bag of tea then "CGI Filmmaking" NEEDS to be on your bookshelf right now.

I am very book-hardened but this book pleasantly surprised me with its scope. Also Tim is an interesting person and has had many experiences that are just plain fun to read about and his writing style is very engaging as well.

Tim is an excellent Lightwave-Digital Fusion evangelist.

phlio
04-30-2004, 07:00 AM
Heya folx, I hope you all enjoy the site I put up to help Tim promote his dream which will undoubtedly open many doors for the dreamers out there like you and me. Dig around in there and take in all of the goodies we have up there and if you like what you see there, feel free to also visit the official Kaze site (http://www.kazeghostwarrior.com/) which is linked off of the site. This film is sure to pave the way for great things in the coming years, I'm glad to be a part of this community and I look forward to sharing these new opportunities with you all!

Phlio

omeone
04-30-2004, 07:20 AM
Monday?? :(

Exper
04-30-2004, 07:32 AM
Masterpiece! :cool:

Originally posted by phlio
Heya folx, I hope you all enjoy the site I put up..."Caracther" and "Production" stills pages aren't compatible with Netscape7 browser...
philo... please fix it! ;)

WilliamVaughan
04-30-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by omeone
Monday?? :(

Sorry...Tuesday....I'm still a day off :)

omeone
04-30-2004, 07:39 AM
:D :D :D

I really hope I can make it now

phlio
04-30-2004, 08:13 AM
I apologize Exper, could you PM or email me the version of Netscape and what OS you are running? I am running NS 7.1 on XP and it works ok for me so I wanted to check this out. We tend to cater to IE, but most things usually work in Netscape as well (or so we thought hehe). Thx!!

Phlio

Exper
04-30-2004, 08:44 AM
Philo...
sorry... my own mistake!

Just a little too much restrictive JavaScript Preference settings (I tend to block as much as possible).

phlio
04-30-2004, 08:56 AM
Oh ok, whew thx Exper! Glad to hear it's working goot for everyone!

Phlio

cresshead
04-30-2004, 04:19 PM
cheers for the "heads up" on the DVD.

I've now ordered my DVD....can't wait!
i'm also going to get the book as it will be intersting to watch the film and read the book as background reference on the making of the film...oh and ove the studio tour...!!! ILM has some way to go to match the comfort zones in his studio...and the view is "cool".....literally!

steve g

hazmat777
05-01-2004, 02:12 AM
Sent for my DVD last night. Will order the book after I buy 8. Most impressive all-around trailer I've seen for a 3D package. I can't stand saving my money it's driving me CRAZY! But I know it will be worth it when it all comes together. :D

agrippa
05-01-2004, 02:57 PM
Wow! Been waiting for this to come out for a while. It looks fantastic.

Anyone know what's on the DVD in terms of extras? Perhaps some behind the scenes stuff to dovetail nicely with Tim's book?

kurv
07-14-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by agrippa
Wow! Been waiting for this to come out for a while. It looks fantastic.

Anyone know what's on the DVD in terms of extras? Perhaps some behind the scenes stuff to dovetail nicely with Tim's book?

The DVD has approximatly another 40 minutes of Tim talking about the how and why of Kaze... along with Scene files, DFX files, and LW Objects... LW Demo and DFX Demo... it's packed :)

Were shipping DVD's now!!

NanoGator
07-14-2004, 10:39 AM
Anybody else read that subject and expect a Hypervoxel render?

Exper
07-14-2004, 11:08 AM
:D :D :D