PDA

View Full Version : Right Hemisphere,Body Paint, zBrush ?

RorrKonn
03-21-2003, 02:30 AM
Hello

One of the things I need to do is get a premade .jpg made in DarkTree & TextureMaker AKA iTex on a Model with no distortion.
What I have read and seen I think all 3 of these Right Hemisphere,Body Paint, zBrush will do this with a clone tool.

I am confused as to why I would need deepUV if i have deep paint 3D ?
and I am not 100% sure if I can clone a texture in zBrush ?

If anyone here uses any of these and would like to give Ravenn there opinion I would really appreciate it.
Ya know how they will tell you all the App will do but ya don't really find out what it won't do till ya spend a month really learning it.
I don't have 3 months to spend on this.So my best Educated guess will half to do and the better the education the better the guess.

Thanks
Ravenn
http://www.Atomic-3D.com

harhar
03-21-2003, 08:06 AM
deep UV's cheaper than deep paint 3d.

DeepUV uses better algorithm than zbrush.

Zbrush's clone tool isn't as good as deep paint's.

bodypaint 's algorithm isn't as good as deepUV's.

whattawa
03-21-2003, 09:34 AM
DeepUV is used for creating the UVMap, which none of the other listed programs are able to do, as far as I know. Even if they can do UVs, DeepUV does it very well.

Once you have the UVMap done you can go into DeepPaint and put your texture on in 3D space, and it works well in conjunction with Photoshop as well.

You can do a lower-quality UVMap in a free program like UVMapper or use LW and then paint the texture on in DeepPaint. Because you are seeing in 3D what you are painting on you have a little more ability to make up for imperfections in the UVMap.

ZBrush might be ok to use but I haven't used that function of it.