PDA

View Full Version : DFX+ 4 Licensing

Skritter
04-30-2004, 12:37 AM
Has anyone had problems with Licensing their DFX+.

I mean getting the software to reconise the licence you were given.

I got a seperate dongle from Eyeon and registered it, but it wont reconise the licence.

I have contacted Eyeon an wait for a reply, I just wanted to know if others had any diffuculty is this area.

Edbittner
04-30-2004, 04:14 AM
None here.
Ed
S*R* PRODUCTIONS

T-Light
04-30-2004, 06:10 AM
Have you...

1) Applied for your license key, recieved it and installed in the same directory as youre executable? (Neccessary)

or

2) Trying to run it without applying for your personal key?

or

3) As (1) and still having problems?

I was one of the first people to order the DFX deal and consequently recieved a parallel dongle with the product. As far as I'm aware, later versions shared the LW dongle. The reason I mention this is if you have the parralel, then maybe it's damaged. :(

If DFX+ shares the LW dongle and LW's running fine, then eyeon will be able to sort this out with a new license key

In my experience They're pretty fast with Tech Support. :)

theo
04-30-2004, 06:21 AM
DFX+ has worked great from day one for me.

Exper
04-30-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by theo
DFX+ has worked great from day one for me. The same... here!
But I have the shared dongle.

theo
04-30-2004, 07:20 AM
I have the shared dongle as well.

Skritter
04-30-2004, 08:43 AM
Eyeon have great tech support and on the job

I got the seperate dongle - It seems the license was still catering for Lightwave and an ajusted license for the seperate dongle was all that was required.

Done

theo
04-30-2004, 09:07 AM
Eyeon's tech support people are top notch. I have had several DFX+ technique-related questions as well and they superbly answered the questions in a very short time.

I will go as far to say that Newtek's DFX+ offer has changed the way I run my studio. DFX+ is nothing short of ESSENTIAL when used next to Lightwave.

As an aside- I highly recommend the S6 Monster plugin set as well. They are not officially supported by S6 to be used in tandem with DFX+ (they are designed to be used with DF) but the plugs works fantastic on my machine and the additional power is amazing.

cresshead
04-30-2004, 09:15 AM
wehat's the S6 Monster plugin ?

do you have some info/price web link on it?

cheers in advance!

theo
04-30-2004, 09:51 AM
Hey Cress,

Here's the link- www.speedsix.com

Maybe the "S6" threw you off. The company is Speed Six. I am sure you have heard of them.

The set may be pricey for some at $1500.00 for eighteen boxes of plugs (each box has several plugs inside) but I personally wouldn't be caught dead without them.

In my opinion the entire set is under-priced. I have used them extensively and man are they deep. These plugs blow Sapphire out of the water. And after you spend the $1500 you can pretty much forget about looking at other plugs because the entire set will offer you EVERYTHING you'll ever need (in my opinion now).

I would demo the set extensively first, of course.

Exper
04-30-2004, 10:21 AM
Monsters v5 will be available for DFX+! ;)