PDA

View Full Version : costumize menu (modeler?)

novalism
04-29-2004, 03:32 PM
hmm im scared to ask

I'm really just a beginner but i hope someone can tell me how i should do this.
I've noticed that in lightwave you can costumize the menu... like adding tabs with plugins etc
All cool and no problems there ...

But Now i would like to add the numeric and statistics pannels on the right of my screen... like an extra menu that stays there ...

is this possible ? I have lightwave 7
I've been trying but i cant seem to find it ...

hope anybody is willing to give me some help

tnx alot in advance
!

SplineGod
04-29-2004, 04:08 PM
Just open them up and leave them where you want them to be.

novalism
04-29-2004, 04:24 PM
hehe yeah thats an option but than you miss a piece of the 2 right viewports...

Tnx for the suggestion but Is'nt there a way to add them, without kinda floating on top of modeler?

SplineGod
04-29-2004, 04:41 PM
Increase you screen resolution, size down the modeler screen and put those smaller windows out to the side. :)

riki
04-29-2004, 05:41 PM
I think tabbed docking has been patented by adobe, so I wouldn't expect to see this feature in many other apps.

WizCraker
04-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Everytime Layout or Modeler opens it does not open in full screen. It opens behind the taskbar. Frustrating as it is a hassle to hit the max button to get it to show the window correctly. I don't get it every other windows app works except for Lightwave.

Anybody know how to get around this small problem?

evenflcw
04-29-2004, 08:43 PM
If you fix it once (drag the bottom edge up above the start bar) and close to save, it should never happen again... atleast until your configs somehow get screwed up. Or just set the shortcuts to open as Maximized (instead of "Normal Window") if you always work full screen.

WizCraker
04-29-2004, 10:24 PM
evenflcw,

Did not think to do that. Thanks