PDA

View Full Version : Rendering half frame steps

theAx
04-29-2004, 01:31 PM
I've created some animations and have decided they're too quick. What I want to do is slow it down by rendering out twice the amount of frames. Here's the problem though; if I set the animation to be 60 frames a second instead of 30 it messes up my motion mixer timeframes. Is there anyway I can render half frames like .5, 1, 1.5, 2, etc.?

Any advice is appreciated!

theAx
04-30-2004, 04:38 PM
I guess there's no way to do this. Something I would suggest NewTek add to lightwave. Other packages like Maya for example do allow this.

tmdag
04-30-2004, 06:41 PM
editing speed of animation by chenging framerate is really not a good idea.. spacially when You're making some animation to TV or cinema where You have to have exact framerate (PAL 25FPS, NTSC 30FPS, Cinema 24FPS)

theAx
05-01-2004, 03:32 AM
I know it's less than an ideal situation. Obviously planning my animation at a more visually pleasing speed would be the way to go if I were to redo my animation. It's not for television or cinema and is just an old piece I would like to slow down in a video editing package, having more frames to work with is obviously preferable to having too few. Your point is well taken though.

digimassa
05-01-2004, 09:03 AM
:cool:
ctrl +F1 and "scale keys"

theAx
05-02-2004, 12:02 AM
scaling all the keys is helpful, but it still does nothing for controlling all the motions in the motion mixer. I wish there was a way to globally change all of them also, or better yet render half frames like I previously mentioned.