PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation Page for [8] Upgrades Purchased through Resellers

Chuck
04-29-2004, 08:19 AM
If you purchased an upgrade from LightWave 7.x to LightWave [8] through a reseller rather than directly through NewTek, then you may wish to confirm your eligible purchase with us and make sure that NewTek has your shipping address. You can do so on the page at:

http://online.newtek.com/LW8UpgradeEligibility.aspx

Please enter the appropriate information on the page, beginning with the serial number from your qualifying order.

You only need complete this form if you have purchased an upgrade from LightWave [7.x] to LightWave [8] through one of our Resellers, rather than directly through NewTek.

Note!!! You do not need to use this form if you purchased an upgrade from LightWave [6.5] or earlier version to LightWave [7.5], and have registered [7.5], provided us your current shipping address and received your permanent license key.

If you have only recently purchased an upgrade to [7.5] and have not yet registered, you will need to register, but by using the regular registration page, not by using the eligibility confirmation form. The main registration page for customers who register with the US Office is:

http://www.newtek.com/support/reg/index.html

If you register your NewTek product with the US office, you can use the above pages to confirm eligibility to receive the upgrade to [8] or to register a newly received [7.5], and to provide your shipping address for the upgrade to [8]. If you register with an international partner rather than with NewTek US, this page will not be able to confirm. Please see your international distributor's website for information and instructions.

Edbittner
04-29-2004, 08:29 AM
Thanks Chuck,
It's reassuring to know I'll be recieving my upgrade in a few days.
WAY thanks again.
Ed
S*R* PRODUCTIONS

jds580s
04-29-2004, 09:08 AM
Thanks Chuck.

I upgraded from a previous version to 7.5 under the DFX+ deal, but thought I would check eligibility just incase... Glad I did, it said that my serial number wasn't shown as eligible and to fax in my invoice.

Just a word of caution. Even if you did purchase the upgrade and register your copy of 7.5 you may not be on "The List"

Thanks!

Justin

Chuck
04-29-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by jds580s
Thanks Chuck.

I upgraded from a previous version to 7.5 under the DFX+ deal, but thought I would check eligibility just incase... Glad I did, it said that my serial number wasn't shown as eligible and to fax in my invoice.

Just a word of caution. Even if you did purchase the upgrade and register your copy of 7.5 you may not be on "The List"

Thanks!

Justin

There's a very good reason that the instructions say not to use the page unless you purchased an upgrade from [7.5] to [8] through a reseller - those are the only serial numbers the page is set up to confirm. This page will not confirm any other set of serial numbers, so if you upgraded from 6.5 or earlier to 7.5, and you put your serial number in - the page will tell you you are not confirmed. That's meaningless, and you'll panic yourself for nothing if you use the page but are not a member of the group it is set up to handle.

jds580s
04-29-2004, 09:44 AM
My appologies, I understood this...

If you register your NewTek product with the US office, you can use this page to confirm eligibility to receive the upgrade and to provide your shipping address. part of the instructions to apply to anyone who purchased an upgrade through a reseller not only the 7.5-8 users.

Thanks for the clarification.

Justin

TyVole
04-29-2004, 09:57 AM
Something to keep in mind if you ordered from DMG (this may apply to other resellers): when I bought the upgrade, they had run out of 7->8 DFX boxes, so they sent me a 6.5->7.5 DFX box. So, my serial number was rejected.

Of course, when I called CS, I was told everything was copasetic.

When in doubt, call.

Also, it appears that first batch on Monday was actually mailed Tuesday morning, from someplace in Texas.

riki
04-29-2004, 09:59 AM
If you purchased an upgrade from LightWave 7.x to LightWave [8] through a reseller rather than directly through NewTek, then you may wish to confirm your eligible purchase with us and make sure that NewTek has your shipping address. You can do so on the page at:

That sounds like me, but I don't have a 10 digit serial number starting with 35. My copy of Realviz didn't come in a box, just 3 CDs.

Chuck
04-29-2004, 10:02 AM
That bullet point follows the lines that have already explained that the page only applies to those who purchased an upgrade from [7.5] to [8] through a reseller, in areas that register with the US office, and is intended only to convey that users who register with the US AND meet the preceding criteria can use the page, but those who register with an international partner must refer to that distributor for confirmation procedures. It does not supercede the preceding instructions.

Chuck
04-29-2004, 10:32 AM
I've revised the text for the page to make things a bit clearer and more assertive:

LightWave [8] Pre-order Eligibility Page

NewTek has begun to ship LightWave [8] to our customers who have pre-ordered the upgrade. If you purchased an upgrade from LightWave 7.x to LightWave [8] through a reseller rather than directly through NewTek, then you will need confirm your eligible purchase with us and make sure that NewTek has your shipping address. Please enter the appropriate information below, beginning with the serial number from your qualifying order.

You only need complete this form if you have purchased an upgrade from LightWave 7.x to LightWave [8] through one of our Resellers, rather than directly through NewTek. These are the only purchases that can be confirmed using this form.

You cannot use this form if you purchased an upgrade from LightWave [6.5] or earlier version to LightWave [7.5], as these serial numbers cannot be confirmed by this page. Please rest assured that if you have registered [7.5], provided us your current shipping address and received your permanent license key then you are indeed on the list and will receive your upgrade.

You cannot use this page to register if you have just received your [7.5] upgrade (upgrading from 6.5 or earlier version) or a new license and not yet registered. To register, you must do so here: http://www.newtek.com/support/reg/index.html

You cannot use this page if you purchase from and register your NewTek products with an international partner rather than with NewTek's US Office. Please see your international distributor's website for information and instructions on confirming your eligibility.

The new text should be up soon.

Roger Eberhart
04-29-2004, 02:13 PM
I already gave this info for UV edit pro. Do I need to again?

Thanks,

Roger Eberhart

Chuck
04-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Roger Eberhart
I already gave this info for UV edit pro. Do I need to again?

Thanks,

Roger Eberhart

The specific page for the Bonus confirmation did not collect the shipping address, just the email address so we could email you the bonus information. You will have to fill out the new form, so that we can mail out your upgrade.

riki
04-30-2004, 12:45 AM
You only need complete this form if you have purchased an upgrade from LightWave 7.x to LightWave [8] through one of our Resellers, rather than directly through NewTek. These are the only purchases that can be confirmed using this form.

Hey chuck I purchased an upgrade from 7 to 8 through a reseller and have previously registerred through Newtek in the US.

Can you tell me, where about do I find my serial number? I've checked the LW7 box and no sign of a 10 digit number starting with 35 as the form specifies.

riki
04-30-2004, 01:08 AM
My copy of Realviz came in a plain brown box. But I threw that away ages ago. How do I go finding out what the serial number is?

mr_nebel
04-30-2004, 02:26 AM
I think because you purchased your copy from New Magic the following applies man:

You cannot use this page if you purchase from and register your NewTek products with an international partner rather than with NewTek's US Office. Please see your international distributor's website for information and instructions on confirming your eligibility.

Waiting waiting :D

fabmedia
04-30-2004, 05:16 PM
Chuck I've received my Stitcher, SceneWeaver, and ImageModeler but not in a box. They came shipped in a packet. I can't find the serial number that starts with a 35. I've not received my LW 8 CD/ upgrade as of yet from 7.5 and I'm starting to become concerned (and a little impatient =)

Any words for me?

Jean-Paul Lar.
05-01-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by fabmedia
Chuck I've received my Stitcher, SceneWeaver, and ImageModeler but not in a box. They came shipped in a packet. I can't find the serial number that starts with a 35. I've not received my LW 8 CD/ upgrade as of yet from 7.5 and I'm starting to become concerned (and a little impatient =)

Any words for me?

The serial number that starts with 35 was on a sticker stuck to the packet that I recieved it might be there? and it sound like your havin the same problems im havin not sure though?cause once you register with that online form its gonna tell ya congrats you got another few weeks and it will be delivered. but either way good luck man I hope things work out for ya.:)

also sorry for posting when im not Chuck just trying to help ya out.:)

kellyv
05-02-2004, 06:21 PM
wasn't there suppose to be some special bonus thing for waiting for 8 too?

-kelly

riki
05-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by kellyv
wasn't there suppose to be some special bonus thing for waiting for 8 too?

UVEdit Pro

kellyv
05-02-2004, 06:38 PM
Is it kew riki?

Was it included when they shipped 8 to you? I just got 8 in yesterday, but I haven't looked at the bonus cd yet...

Kelly

riki
05-02-2004, 07:05 PM
My brain must be turning to fudge, to be honest I can't remember how I did it. But I haven't recieved 8 yet. I think you can download UV Edit Pro and install it, more info here

re: http://www.newtek.com/partners/uv-edit-pro/

If you eligible, I think you need to contact your reseller to get the registration code.

kellyv
05-02-2004, 07:09 PM
kew,

Thanks Riki for all yer help!

Kelly

Exception
05-03-2004, 02:03 AM
Deleted stupid message. I will sing a song insted since I cannot delete it:

Dum die dum dum laaa dum newtek is the best lalalaaa!

Jean-Paul Lar.
05-03-2004, 10:18 AM
:(