PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation Page for [8] Upgrades Purchased through Resellers

Chuck
04-29-2004, 08:19 AM
If you purchased an upgrade from LightWave 7.x to LightWave [8] through a reseller rather than directly through NewTek, then you may wish to confirm your eligible purchase with us and make sure that NewTek has your shipping address. You can do so on the page at:

http://online.newtek.com/LW8UpgradeEligibility.aspx

Please enter the appropriate information on the page, beginning with the serial number from your qualifying order.

You only need complete this form if you have purchased an upgrade from LightWave 7.x to LightWave [8] through one of our Resellers, rather than directly through NewTek. You do not need to use this form if you purchased an upgrade from LightWave [6.5] or earlier version to LightWave [7.5], and have registered [7.5], provided us your current shipping address and received your permanent license key. If you have only recently purchased an upgrade to [7.5] and have not yet registered, you will need to do so. The main registration page for customers who register with the US Office is:

http://www.newtek.com/support/reg/index.html

If you register your NewTek product with the US office, you can use the above pages to confirm eligibility to receive the upgrade to [8] or to register a newly received [7.5], and to provide your shipping address for the upgrade to [8]. If you register with an international partner rather than with NewTek US, this page will not be able to confirm. Please see your international distributor's website for information and instructions.

Edbittner
04-29-2004, 08:28 AM
Thanks Chuck,
It's reassuring to know I'll be recieving my upgrade in a few days.
WAY thanks again.
Ed
S*R* PRODUCTIONS

Jirapong
04-29-2004, 08:48 AM
Thanks Chuck,

The only thing I have in my mind is why I didn't get any email telling to do so before until we start posting this issue on the web. Also, where is my UV Edit Pro?

Jirapong

Chuck
04-29-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Jirapong
Thanks Chuck,

The only thing I have in my mind is why I didn't get any email telling to do so before until we start posting this issue on the web.

The page was intended to go up prior to the upgrades for [8] beginning to ship to eligible customers, but other projects in progress delayed it. We apologize for the delay, but we did make every effort to provide it in the most timely fashion we could.

Also, where is my UV Edit Pro?

Jirapong

We've had a similar registration page for the folks eligible for the free bonus available since we started the free bonus program. Did you register on that page?

http://register.newtek.com/Upgrade7To8Valid.aspx

If you have, then you will be receiving an email from us. We've been sending out the information on the bonus in groups, and while we have tried to do this as often as we can, it has been a couple of weeks since the last one. We are sending out a email blast to day to those who have registered between our last blast and yesterday.

Chuck
04-29-2004, 09:35 AM
Important Note on the Eligibility Page!!!

There's a very good reason that the instructions say not to use the page unless you purchased an upgrade from [7.5] to [8] through a reseller - those are the only serial numbers the page is set up to confirm. This page will not confirm any other set of serial numbers, so if you upgraded from 6.5 or earlier to 7.5, and you put your serial number in - the page will tell you that you are not confirmed. That's meaningless, and you'll panic yourself for nothing if you use the page but are not a member of the group it is set up to handle.

dhath45
04-29-2004, 10:36 AM
Thanks Chuck!

Chuck
04-29-2004, 10:44 AM
I've revised the text for the page to make things a bit clearer and more assertive:

LightWave [8] Pre-order Eligibility Page

NewTek has begun to ship LightWave [8] to our customers who have pre-ordered the upgrade. If you purchased an upgrade from LightWave 7.x to LightWave [8] through a reseller rather than directly through NewTek, then you will need confirm your eligible purchase with us and make sure that NewTek has your shipping address. Please enter the appropriate information below, beginning with the serial number from your qualifying order.

You only need complete this form if you have purchased an upgrade from LightWave 7.x to LightWave [8] through one of our Resellers, rather than directly through NewTek. These are the only purchases that can be confirmed using this form.

You cannot use this form if you purchased an upgrade from LightWave [6.5] or earlier version to LightWave [7.5], as these serial numbers cannot be confirmed by this page. Please rest assured that if you have registered [7.5], provided us your current shipping address and received your permanent license key then you are indeed on the list and will receive your upgrade.

You cannot use this page to register if you have just received your [7.5] upgrade (upgrading from 6.5 or earlier version) or a new license and not yet registered. To register, you must do so here: http://www.newtek.com/support/reg/index.html

You cannot use this page if you purchase from and register your NewTek products with an international partner rather than with NewTek's US Office. Please see your international distributor's website for information and instructions on confirming your eligibility.

The new text should be up soon.

LuckyV
04-29-2004, 10:52 AM
I purchased an educational copy of 7.5 last year from Newtek and was told I qualified for the free upgrade to 8 when it came out. I upgraded the license to commercial a couple of months ago with a reseller (Safe Harbor), as my Newtek CSR instructed me to. Do I need to go through this confirmation page process or should I just keep waiting?

Thanks.

Martin Adams
04-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Hmmm ... now I'm confused...

I purchased the LightWave 7.5 Duo Upgrade through a reseller. NewTek have emailed me with the UVEditPro freebie and have confirmed my address details, along with an email saying they are shipping to Europe.

Do I still use this page to check?

Additional to that, it wants a serial number beginning 35. My serial number starts with 17.

Prior to reading this, I did think that everything was okay. But now I have an ickle bit of doubt because I ordered through a reseller.

Alanzh
04-29-2004, 05:46 PM
Martin, I'm right with you!
What a fox in the hen house at this stage!.:)

LuckyV
04-30-2004, 02:47 PM
Well, my question has been answered...just got 8 in the mail. Please disregard the earlier post.

Thanks again.

mcbass
05-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Hi

I purchased the lw8 update sometime last summer through a reseller. However my key does not start with a 35, as the page says,...... I got all the emails about lw8 shipping and so I guess I do not have to worry, but I do a little cause my reseller went bancrupt recently, which I does does not also not matter, cause lw8 upgrade seems to be shipped through newtek directly,..

Just wondered.

mcb

Animator
05-04-2004, 12:32 PM
I haven't heard any mention about the availability of the electronic downloads for us folks that purchased LW7.5 last year with a free electronic download to LW8.

What's the story?

WizCraker
05-04-2004, 01:07 PM
There is no Download it is Free Electronic Upgrade. Therefore you would be getting it on CD which is in Electronic Format.

Chuck explained this somewhere else on the Forum if you need more details.

-wT-
05-18-2004, 09:55 AM
I'm a bit confused here too, as I purchased the upgrade to 8 with DFX+ as a bundle, and haven't got any email from Newtek or anyone else regarding it.

First, my serial starts with 17 (Both the educational 7.5 version I bougth earlier, and now this new which came with the upgrade in the DFX+ box had a serial starting with 17) so how should I confirm it?

And second, as I haven't had any email yet, I'm not sure what free "gifts" I'm supposed to get, if any?
From what I've read the forums, UV Edit Pro is the thing I'm supposed to get, although it's confirmation page also wants a serial starting with 35.... but is there anything else I should be getting? There was some old thread about FPrime at cgtalk.com, but that just seemed like a rumor to me?
Maybe a cool t-shirt? :)

So, I bought 7.5 a while ago, and the 8 upgrade with DFX+ bundle, that's where I at now.

I'll make sure I have my correct email in my profile incase you need to email me.

Thank you!

mcbass
05-18-2004, 04:16 PM
Hi

I was wondering before, but now I am a little worried. I know LW8 Upgrade has been shipping, but I did not received it yet.

I got everything, the email about shipping, the address confirmation and the UVEdit Pro mail.

Are you already through with shipping ?? Well, that would be europe then, however, should I call newtek-europe ?? I know people in my area (Cologne/Germany) got it and I know others that don`t, but I really like to start my new project with lw8.

mcb

Martin Adams
05-18-2004, 05:14 PM
I know that feeling. I'm from England and I'm still waiting. While I'm not particularly in any hurry for it, I would like to know when they are done shipping so that anyone who didn't get it knows if there was a problem or not.

BeyondCloister
05-24-2004, 04:04 AM
I'm in the UK and as of 24th May 2004 I've still not recieved my LW 8 which I'm meant to get after buying the LW 7.5 duo deal last summer.

I replied to the email I got confirming my details earlier in the year.

I also emailed sales at Newtek Europe on Friday about no CD but have not had any reply.

Has LW 8 made it to UK and more specific, Scotland yet?

My main concern is the post service is so bad that I keep losing a couple of items of post every month. Any idea how it is being shipped in the UK?

Joker II
05-26-2004, 05:51 AM
Hi,

Just wanted to know, Ive purchased Lightwave7.5 and registered today, it was an offer with wich you got the upgrade to 8 !!

Can you tell me when this upgrade will be delivered and how this will happen?

Thank you,
Joker ;)

KeithJ
05-28-2004, 03:11 PM
hi

just to let BeyondCloister know I am in manchester UK and my upgrade arrived today!.. yea
just gotto install it and all the other stuff blah blah..too excited!

I'll let you know if there are any probs

CU
Keith:D

Martin Adams
05-29-2004, 03:27 AM
Woohoo! My LW8 upgrade came this morning (Saturday 29). I'm really glad now because there's another Bank Holiday on Monday to have a play with it :)

mcbass
05-31-2004, 02:58 AM
Finally, it arrived .

Tiger
06-01-2004, 09:19 AM
Also finally, it arrived to Sweden!
:D

richardnovak77
07-24-2004, 07:22 PM
i got mine and i'm running [8] now, but i never got the software that was bundled with it for buying it early. ideas?

thanks!

Signal to Noise
08-11-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by richardnovak77
i got mine and i'm running [8] now, but i never got the software that was bundled with it for buying it early. ideas?

thanks!

What software are you talking about?

There was the DFX+ bundle deal for Windows users.
There was the RealViz bundle for Mac users.
There was the UVEditPro offer for patient users. :)

If one of the first two contact NewTek. If it was UVEdit then you should have received an email with the download link anf instructions to install and register it. If not, then either you didn't qualify for it or you need to contact NewTek.