PDA

View Full Version : Modeler backdrop on/off button

TSpyrison
04-29-2004, 07:23 AM
I'd like to be able to toggle the backdrop images in modeler on and off.. There are times I need to see the screen for just a moment or two without the background images.

retinajoy
04-29-2004, 07:35 AM
You can toggle the "Show Backdrop" check box on/off in Display Options - > Layout

TSpyrison
04-29-2004, 08:29 AM
Well ill be damed..

I dont supposes there is a way I could assign that to a keyboard shortcut..

retinajoy
04-29-2004, 08:38 AM
Unfortunetly not.

Lightwave programming team, can we have "Show Backdrop" assignable to a key. It would be good if every option and function could have the ability to be assigned to a key.

evenflcw
04-29-2004, 10:00 AM
Hmmm... while you may not be able to make a nice toggle button, you can sortof make two viewport presets to turn backdrops on and off.

If you open up the Display Options and go to the second tab, you'll have settings for each individual viewport. You'll see an Independent Visibility switch. If you turn this on you'll have the option to turn Show Backdrop on and off for a specific viewports.

All you have to do is make a preset with this option on and another one with it off, leaving everything else as it were. To make a preset, hover the cursor over the viewport containing the property/properties you'd like to make a preset of, and press CTRL+numeric key. A window will pop up. Make sure Single Pane button is highlighted, and for this particular situation only have last option is checked - Independence - or else other properties will be changed aswell. You do not have to give the preset a name. That's only there if you want to have it stored and accesible through the Preset dropdown menu in the Display Options window.

Obviously, depending on your setup you might have one or to other independant properties turn on and off that you want to remain as they were for a particular viewport. But I suspect you won't feel the difference as backdrops are pretty much only used for wireframe views and those are often left without any independence settings alltogether.

However, I wouldn't mind the ability to make more specific preset (such as only affecting Show Backdrop and not the other independant settings). More keys for presets wouldn't hurt either. Whether this is done through proper commands or like now I don't care... as long as it works.

retinajoy
04-29-2004, 10:23 AM
Thanks evenflcw for the workaround info.