PDA

View Full Version : I`m lightwaver in china

answer333
04-29-2004, 07:03 AM
I`m a new lightwaver in china. Lightwave now in china is still not universal . But i like it very much thought I don`t do it well.
Well,could you tell me the Circumstance in other country?
http://211.156.161.173/chat/img/uu.jpg

Dodgy
04-29-2004, 07:36 AM
I use it in the UK, and there seem to be quite a few of us, though I think maya is more widespread but I have no actual sales figures to back that up :P

adrian
04-29-2004, 06:53 PM
I'm in the UK too - although if Maya is more widespread I'd certainly like to know how people afford it.....

I would say 3ds max is pretty popular too (oops, am I allowed to say that here?), as is trueSpace. But for me, LW rocks.

Adrian.

grundgedanke
04-30-2004, 12:21 AM
yes, 3dmax should be really popular in game development. maya in film. softimgage should come stronger in the next time and here in germany cinema 4d is very popular in the field of public relation agencys.

veljko
04-30-2004, 01:04 AM
Im a lightwaver in Croatia-
a small country with a few lightwavers-
but i think there are not many maya users aswell-

artmarci
05-04-2004, 02:06 AM
Hi i am a Lightwaver in The Netherlands and i do think there are a view Lightwavers here (search on the net)But still its very little but then again the Lightwave netherlands community is very active :)

Only i must say there are many 3d Studio Max users here becose thats the official Software Tool here in those Art Multimedia Schools.
Cinema 4d are mostly used in Nightschools.

The Netherlands did however succeed in creating its own 3d software tool called 3d Blender and its free for use to:).

But he for me all the softwares are the same so no complains here...
Its all about what you are used to using right?And for me thats Lightwave:D!

trentonia
05-04-2004, 08:08 AM
The last time I did any research in this area...
3D Studio Max had about 45% of market share
Lightwave had about 24% of market share
Maya had about 16% of market share
and, the remaining 15% is Electric Image, Cinema 4D, Hash, Rhino, and others.

freedik
05-04-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by trentonia
The last time I did any research in this area...
3D Studio Max had about 45% of market share
Lightwave had about 24% of market share
Maya had about 16% of market share
and, the remaining 15% is Electric Image, Cinema 4D, Hash, Rhino, and others.
Do these numbers apply for Trentonia or...?

Anyway, somehow I think that the number of LW users can almost be counted on fingers in my country. Not sure. Who cares, there are only 1,3 mil of us here.

I've been hanging around on russian forums and there seems to be quite a fair share of LW users. But more MAX users. Lot's of impressive works with both, of course.

The most amazing works I've ever seen are made by koreans, but not with LW....

trentonia
05-04-2004, 03:36 PM
The numbers I've quoted are probably about 18 months old. It's difficult to find stats on this stuff. It seems like there would be more LightWave users in Europe than anywhere else, being that LightWave was started on the Amiga, and the Amiga used to be the most popular system in Europe. I miss it. Great computer.