PDA

View Full Version : Digital Doc 2

INOV8Pro
03-20-2003, 10:53 PM
Hey:

I recently put my computer together and it includes the Digital Doc2 from AMS. It is the first time I've ever used a temperature monitoring device and I could use a little help.

Does anyone have any advice on how to attach the sensors to the CPU. I believe they recomend attaching the sensors with thermal tape directly to the CPU. Of course, I'll have to remove the heat sinks again. Perhaps someone can recomend a good website that has a how to section.

Any help appreciated.

Paul

INOV8Pro
03-30-2003, 12:07 PM
Well, since no one seemed to know how to install the thermal sensors I just went ahead and did it. After finding the very few websites that show how to do this I was very careful to thread the sensor under the heat sink architecture and using thermal tape to hold the sensor to the center of the CPU. Actually, the tape should never be placed directly on the CPU. I actually used the tape to hold the wire to the heat sink architecture and the sensor reached across(free of tape) to the center of the CPU. Then I installed the heat sinks as normal. Make sure you use the very thin sensors. My 8 sensor Digital Doc 2 came with two CPU sensors and 6 globe thermal senors. Perfect for my P4DC6+ motherboard.

Paul