PDA

View Full Version : Where's The New Registration Page For Those Who Pre-Ordered From Re-sellers?[/U]

Edbittner
04-29-2004, 04:30 AM
Just giving Chuck a place to post the link,(if he doesn't eventually start his own thread). CS said it was ready to be posted yesterday,4-28, but I couldn't find it this morning. Hopefully, it will be up today. I see people in Germany are already recieving their LW8.
Patiently waiting...(still),
Ed
S*R* PRODUCTIONS

mkiii
04-29-2004, 04:54 AM
What difference does it make who you bought it from? Surely you still register the software in the same way as someone who bought direct from Newtek?

I know I did, and have done in the past with Newtek-Europe.

Edbittner
04-29-2004, 04:57 AM
I'm the guy here responsable for making software purchasing decisions around here. Taking a moderate amount of heat .
Ed

S*R* PRODUCTIONS

Edbittner
04-29-2004, 05:20 AM
Mkiii,
I'm not saying that those who pre-ordered from re-sellers should have to do anything except get their product. Chuck said, "Just to be on the safe side, go ahead and enter your info when we get the page up". I would have thought that if the re-sellers have the authority to sell the upgrade deals, we should ALL be getting them without any further procedure.
Ed

S*R* PRODUCTIONS

Edbittner
04-29-2004, 06:53 AM
I see this thread keeps getting lower and lower on the page without any responses from NT. Man, I gotta take some asperin.
Ed

S*R* PRODUCTIONS

Chuck
04-29-2004, 09:47 AM
Here you go, Ed!

If you purchased an upgrade from LightWave 7.x to LightWave [8] through a reseller rather than directly through NewTek, then you may wish to confirm your eligible purchase with us and make sure that NewTek has your shipping address. You can do so on the page at:

http://online.newtek.com/LW8UpgradeEligibility.aspx

Please enter the appropriate information on the page, beginning with the serial number from your qualifying order.

You only need complete this form if you have purchased an upgrade from LightWave [7.x] to LightWave [8] through one of our Resellers, rather than directly through NewTek.

You do not need to use this form if you purchased an upgrade from LightWave [6.5] or earlier version to LightWave [7.5], and have registered [7.5], provided us your current shipping address and received your permanent license key.

If you have only recently purchased an upgrade to [7.5] and have not yet registered, you will need to register, but by using the regualr registration page, not by using the eligibility confirmation form. The main registration page for customers who register with the US Office is:

http://www.newtek.com/support/reg/index.html

If you register your NewTek product with the US office, you can use the above pages to confirm eligibility to receive the upgrade to [8] or to register a newly received [7.5], and to provide your shipping address for the upgrade to [8]. If you register with an international partner rather than with NewTek US, this page will not be able to confirm. Please see your international distributor's website for information and instructions.

Important Note on the Eligibility Page!!!

There's a very good reason that the instructions say not to use the page unless you purchased an upgrade from [7.5] to [8] through a reseller - those are the only serial numbers the page is set up to confirm. This page will not confirm any other set of serial numbers, so if you upgraded from 6.5 or earlier to 7.5, and you put your serial number in - the page will tell you that you are not confirmed. That's meaningless, and you'll panic yourself for nothing if you use the page but are not a member of the group it is set up to handle.

Edbittner
04-29-2004, 10:06 AM
Thanks Chuck!
Ed.
S*R* PRODUCTIONS