PDA

View Full Version : This ones for Chuck?

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-28-2004, 04:54 PM
Hey Chuck im really confused whats going on with my order?I ordered the 8 upgrade with realviz and was told about 2 and a half weeks ago when i called customer support that i would recieve my packagae at my door in 2 to 3 weeks.A few people in Canada are starting to recieve their orders so i figured i would phone customer support today and ask about the state that my order is in?I get told that im going to have to sighn some online form or something that isnt even up yet before it could be shipped cause i ordered through a reseller and didnt order straight from newtek.wich I tryed to order right from NewTek but was told I had to order from a reseller?also to let you know im a registered 7 user.then i said could you possibly check to see if this is a mistake and that it did ship so the guy said let me check for you.but me trying to be nice i said how about you email me the info and he said cool ill check rite away and email you.hours pass no email and i try to phone customer service again, to get the message were closed yada yada.Im so confused could you shed some light? Sorry if I seem negative.

UnCommonGrafx
04-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Is there here as to how orders were sent out??

I called my re-seller and they told me they had taken care of it. Now, the second week of shipping, I am reading that others are having to go back to their re-sellers to get this clarified.

Mayhaps I'll get my copy tomorrow. But I don't think so. And I can't say that magic words would do it at this juncture.

Why did I type all of that and why am I eventually going to press the submit button...? Frustration that others are enjoying and I'm not.

meanlebh
04-28-2004, 05:56 PM
I am in the same boat...I think....I was told that there would be no problem with my order...but I ordered mine (the education edition) through Journey Ed.....is this also counting as a third party reseller, even though I got all the links right from the Newtek site??? I haven't called customer service yet, because I have been assured so many times indirectly that I would get it by the end of the month.....Am I going to have to sign this mysterious online form as well??....I would really like to know if it is me that is holding my order up, or if I am going to see it in the mail tomorrow.....I guess I will check this message later on to see if there was an answer..but if not then I think I am going to have to give CS a call tomorrow and see for myself....someone please clear this up :confused:

Wade
04-28-2004, 07:08 PM
Many are still in the mail maybe yet to be mailed - Give it a day or five.:)

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-28-2004, 07:13 PM
Where's this page with this so called form?considering I payed 700 and some canadian dollars for my upgrade why cant i get the ball rolling?and why cant i get a straight answer has my packaged shipped or not customer service is telling me two to three weeks almost three weeks ago and then today ahhhhhhhh sorry but it hasnt shipped if you ordered from a reseller.:confused: :confused: :

xeno3d
04-28-2004, 07:56 PM
in the same boat.. would love an explanation...

ParentContraint
04-28-2004, 08:14 PM
I called up my credit card company and disputed the charges and I already received a fax from them that the charges have been reversed back in to my account

I think I will have Newtek wait for payment and come after me like I have to them for simple customer support

When I am satisfied with the amount of agrevation they have had, like me, maybe then I will authorize the payment

UnCommonGrafx
04-28-2004, 08:51 PM
Can't say I agree with you on this. Seems a bit rash if not childish.

I can wait. Even without an answer 'for the masses'.
I really just want lw8.

Not my money back or some silly dealings with my bank.

[mutter mutter] 2 Posts... Did you really do this or just another competitors agent?
You flung yourself out of our boat, methinks.
hahaha
:D :p

Originally posted by ParentContraint
I called up my credit card company and disputed the charges and I already received a fax from them that the charges have been reversed back in to my account

I think I will have Newtek wait for payment and come after me like I have to them for simple customer support

When I am satisfied with the amount of agrevation they have had, like me, maybe then I will authorize the payment

WizCraker
04-28-2004, 09:03 PM
I have to agree with UnCommonGrafx on this.

Ooo another Fraud case.

I bet you failed to inform your CC company that Newtek sent you software DFX+ or Real Viz bundle and possibly UV Edit Pro along with that preorder.

We might all bark about how frustrated we are with not getting LW 8 but that does not constitute behavior like you have displayed.

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-28-2004, 09:15 PM
I got to agree im not happy about this siduation one bit but theres no reason to dig the hole deeper like that.;)NewTeks a good company ive been using there lightwave product almost 3 years.its Just miscomunication. you should ask for an answer like I have If your conserned not cancel your order thats already half fufilled.not pokin at ya man just my 2 cents. :)

ParentContraint
04-29-2004, 12:31 AM
I t had little to do with the one year of seeing version 8 thrown in our faces and the lack of customer fullfillment but more to do with the the total poor tech and customer - support that I and my evry day colleaugues have recieved

Do you know, that they have been sitting on version 8 for nearly half a year ready to go but they held it until nab because they needed something to show its customers during nab because they knew maya and xsi were coming out with new version at nab and they knew there would be no way possible to have an update ready at nab if they did release it months ago

The later is from very good sources

UnCommonGrafx
04-29-2004, 12:36 AM
YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!

An official troll.

p.s. And the term is 'latter'.
p.s.s. Mine tell me they were trying to shove alien technology into it before the release.

jamesl
04-29-2004, 01:05 AM
I t had little to do with the one year of seeing version 8 thrown in our faces and the lack of customer fullfillment but more to do with the the total poor tech and customer - support that I and my evry day colleaugues have recieved

Do you know, that they have been sitting on version 8 for nearly half a year ready to go but they held it until nab because they needed something to show its customers during nab because they knew maya and xsi were coming out with new version at nab and they knew there would be no way possible to have an update ready at nab if they did release it months ago

Huh? What are you talking about? If that were true, wouldn't they have made a splash at NAB with 8.0 (since that's what they were waiting for, right?). They didn't. So, my advice to you is, get a decent spellchecker and stop spreading crazy dis-information.

cheers!

j

TSpyrison
04-29-2004, 07:00 AM

Heheheheh..
now thats funny..

at nab

oh, might want to try using a "." every now and then :)

alientroll1000
04-29-2004, 07:24 AM
Hey look. I can sign up for a silly user name and troll too. How clever. I am so smart. Now I can bash Newtek and other people too. hehehe. But I won't because I am only a pretend troll.

Just for the record. Lightwave is cool and Newtek support is great. Who am I? Someone who has lost their brain or is maybe bored. :D :confused: :D

P.S. I have it on good authority that Newtek is putting alien technology into 8.5, plus that make good animation with no effort button.

Chuck
04-29-2004, 08:18 AM
If you purchased an upgrade from LightWave 7.x to LightWave [8] through a reseller rather than directly through NewTek, then you may wish to confirm your eligible purchase with us and make sure that NewTek has your shipping address. You can do so on the page at:

http://online.newtek.com/LW8UpgradeEligibility.aspx

Please enter the appropriate information on the page, beginning with the serial number from your qualifying order.

You only need complete this form if you have purchased an upgrade from LightWave 7.x to LightWave [8] through one of our Resellers, rather than directly through NewTek. You do not need to use this form if you purchased an upgrade from LightWave [6.5] or earlier version to LightWave [7.5], and have registered [7.5], provided us your current shipping address and received your permanent license key. If you have only recently purchased an upgrade to [7.5] and have not yet registered, you will need to do so. The main registration page for customers who register with the US Office is:

http://www.newtek.com/support/reg/index.html

If you register your NewTek product with the US office, you can use the above pages to confirm eligibility to receive the upgrade to [8] or to register a newly received [7.5], and to provide your shipping address for the upgrade to [8]. If you register with an international partner rather than with NewTek US, this page will not be able to confirm. Please see your international distributor's website for information and instructions.

Edbittner
04-29-2004, 08:50 AM
Alien technology. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!! Now THAT'S actually makin' me smile. After seeing Chucks post,( which made my YEAR so far), that was a perfect 1-2 punch.
Ed
S*R* PRODUCTIONS

meanlebh
04-29-2004, 09:17 AM
OK...sorry to be annoying about all of this Chuck, and I thank you for your prompt replies, But I just tried to evaluate my eligibility through the page that you supplied, and was told that I was not eligible...however, I then promptly called Customer Service, and was told that I should be recieving my upgrade in a matter of days...the service rep told me that he did not know why the page told me that I was not eligible, and not to worry about it.....I just wish there were someway for me to know whether or not I am waiting for something that is not coming :confused:

again...I apologize for being a pain in the neck about all of this, I know you are all doing your jobs as well as anyone could do....I just really wish that I were not so confused.

Chuck
04-29-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by meanlebh
OK...sorry to be annoying about all of this Chuck, and I thank you for your prompt replies, But I just tried to evaluate my eligibility through the page that you supplied, and was told that I was not eligible...however, I then promptly called Customer Service, and was told that I should be recieving my upgrade in a matter of days...the service rep told me that he did not know why the page told me that I was not eligible, and not to worry about it.....I just wish there were someway for me to know whether or not I am waiting for something that is not coming :confused:

again...I apologize for being a pain in the neck about all of this, I know you are all doing your jobs as well as anyone could do....I just really wish that I were not so confused.

Did you buy through a reseller?

Chuck
04-29-2004, 09:27 AM

This is a complete falsehood, so you need to re-evaluate how "good" your sources are...

Chuck
04-29-2004, 09:35 AM
Important Note on the Eligibility Page!!!

There's a very good reason that the instructions say not to use the page unless you purchased an upgrade from [7.5] to [8] through a reseller - those are the only serial numbers the page is set up to confirm. This page will not confirm any other set of serial numbers, so if you upgraded from 6.5 or earlier to 7.5, and you put your serial number in - the page will tell you that you are not confirmed. That's meaningless, and you'll panic yourself for nothing if you use the page but are not a member of the group it is set up to handle.

Alliante
04-29-2004, 10:11 AM
Chuck,

I'm sorry you have to play damage control to people who are posting FUD just to get attention.

You've done a wonderful job keeping us informed.

One of these days I'll have to drive down and visit NewTek just too meet you all (if this is possible with your schedules :) )

meanlebh
04-29-2004, 10:13 AM
quote: Did you buy through a reseller?

I purchased the Education version...which was sold through JourneyEd.com...I guess I thought this was the equivalent of buying through a reseller...but perhaps it is not....? I hope that I am just panicking myself for nothing :D

Chuck
04-29-2004, 10:30 AM
I've revised the text for the page to make things a bit clearer and more assertive:

LightWave [8] Pre-order Eligibility Page

NewTek has begun to ship LightWave [8] to our customers who have pre-ordered the upgrade. If you purchased an upgrade from LightWave 7.x to LightWave [8] through a reseller rather than directly through NewTek, then you will need confirm your eligible purchase with us and make sure that NewTek has your shipping address. Please enter the appropriate information below, beginning with the serial number from your qualifying order.

You only need complete this form if you have purchased an upgrade from LightWave 7.x to LightWave [8] through one of our Resellers, rather than directly through NewTek. These are the only purchases that can be confirmed using this form.

You cannot use this form if you purchased an upgrade from LightWave [6.5] or earlier version to LightWave [7.5], as these serial numbers cannot be confirmed by this page. Please rest assured that if you have registered [7.5], provided us your current shipping address and received your permanent license key then you are indeed on the list and will receive your upgrade.

You cannot use this page to register if you have just received your [7.5] upgrade (upgrading from 6.5 or earlier version) or a new license and not yet registered. To register, you must do so here: http://www.newtek.com/support/reg/index.html

You cannot use this page if you purchase from and register your NewTek products with an international partner rather than with NewTek's US Office. Please see your international distributor's website for information and instructions on confirming your eligibility.

The new text should be up soon.

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-29-2004, 10:50 AM
Hey Chuck thank you very much for the reply and clearing up my confusion.:) And I hope you dont think I was being harsh or anything I just needed this run around to get figured out.Thanks again Chuck your da man, man.lol:cool:

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-29-2004, 11:48 AM
Well i filled out the form and talked to cs so they said i should get it in 2 3 weeks from today.It sucks that its 3 weeks longer then i was told by cs but im glad i finally know this is legit this time.thanks again for all the help Chuck:D.The ball is rollin and i feel allot better now. :cool:

Fausto
04-29-2004, 01:18 PM
The whole verification scheme is a joke. Chuck do you guys actually know what you're doing? I mean how many strategy meetings took place and how many people actually attended those meeting before this was decided upon and implemented? Given the additional time that was added to the rollout time table one would think that this process should have been bullet proof.

One other questions does anyone actually work in customer service or is that a code word for an endless loop of telephone menus that lead to a voice mail box that cuts people off so they have to phone again and again process?

Newtek is a joke!!!!!!!!!

colkai
04-29-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Fausto
Newtek is a joke!!!!!!!!!

So don't come round here no more, easy answer. Go buy Maya or summat. Ya know, if you have such a positive attitude to getting a job, you'll go real far. Not!

Elmar Moelzer
04-29-2004, 01:29 PM
ParentContraint!
Thats absolute bull****!
We have been working our asses off the last half year (on LW8.0 actually). Sorry, but posts like these really hurt me personally.
CU
Elmar

UnCommonGrafx
04-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Hey Fausto,
You got a threeD program and a switcher you've engineered and manufactured that I can test out?

You people are spoiled!!! Spoiled rotten, no less... As though this COMPANY, an entity by law, has to listen to you. It is to their credit that they even validate some of the drivel being spewed.
And at their dime...

You keep buying those upgrades, big fella, and they'll keep on listening, I'm sure. Even if the punchline is more stellar products and even better community, seeminly to your chagrin. [Though I know your passion and love for them causes such spastic responses. hehe, I do it, too.]
Laughing is good for you. I'm glad I get the NewTek joke.

Fausto
04-29-2004, 01:35 PM
WOW, that was mature!

I haven't had a problem with getting work... given the fact that I own a company that has been in business for over a decade and has been quite successful. In fact, what we offer is design services, marketing collateral fullfillment, consulting services, training. software development services as well as prepackaged solutions.. so you see I know what I'm talking about when I describe how customer service should be run, I'm describing something we do at FR each and every day.

Now go have a nap, perhaps you should consider decaf! Where does this blind fanatical loyalty stem from?

Fausto
04-29-2004, 01:46 PM
Hey Fausto, You got a threeD program and a switcher you've engineered and manufactured that I can test out?

Now I'm really worried, you make it sound like it's a one man band at Newtek. The fullfillment process is goofy, I said nothing about their products except the issue around the plugins that I have already purchased.

The comment "Newtek is a joke" is what everyone with half a mind would conclude by the unpredictable ever changing process good loyal customers are being put through. Just the fact that Chuck has had to change the wording on the verification page tells me they didn't spend adequate time in conceiving it, evaluating the issues that may have arisen and its implementation.

Solid companies with experience don't see these type of Customer service events, they would have already considered them and taken steps to PREVENT them before they happen. Not have to play catch up after the fact.

colkai
04-29-2004, 01:49 PM
Now go have a nap, perhaps you should consider decaf! Where does this blind fanatical loyalty stem from?

It ain't blind, but I get real tired, real quick of the "let's bash newtek" attitude.
You've been in business 10 years, swell, Newtek has been at it a wee while longer and are going strong, so one has to presume they DO actually know what they are doing.

As for a nap, yeah, probably will do, even Satan needs some shut-eye.

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Sorry I threw the logs on that started this fire I mean I was in the dark and felt i shouldnt have been.But these imiture posts by users are just lame.thanks again NewTek were all human and miscomunication happens.:) I mean its just another 3 weeks at most Lightwave 7.5 is still amazing, its no 8 but its still great.:D

P.S. hey Colkai I dont know you but ive seen you around the forums im glad to see you got your lightwave 8.havin fun with it?

UnCommonGrafx
04-29-2004, 03:02 PM
Pretty broad statements. Pretty false, too.
I get the chance to go in and out of fortune 500 companies as an "unconcerned observer" and every bit of what you said doesn't happen, indeed, does. Daily.

I don't know that it's loyalty that I'm working from or irk-ednes as to ad hominem's, e.g., "everyone with half a mind..." and just negative comments about things that work. The sky isn't falling and NewTek has 'sucked' this way forever. Nothing at all new.
I am an outsider; you are, too. You make statements that are venomous and I was bit on my way by.
I'm done with this one. Still haven't gotten it. Still doing the work I have to with what I have.
Pleased? No. Insulting? Perhaps. Irrational about it all?
For sure: I'm a spoiled, expectations quite high individual
awaiting a breakthrough product. I wanted to be f(^(%^ first in line, but I'm not. boo hoo

Now I'm really worried, you make it sound like it's a one man band at Newtek. The fullfillment process is goofy, I said nothing about their products except the issue around the plugins that I have already purchased.

The comment "Newtek is a joke" is what everyone with half a mind would conclude by the unpredictable ever changing process good loyal customers are being put through. Just the fact that Chuck has had to change the wording on the verification page tells me they didn't spend adequate time in conceiving it, evaluating the issues that may have arisen and its implementation.

Solid companies with experience don't see these type of Customer service events, they would have already considered them and taken steps to PREVENT them before they happen. Not have to play catch up after the fact.

xeno3d
04-29-2004, 03:48 PM
"Thank you! Your serial number xxxxxxxxxx has been identified correctly as an eligible purchase. In a few weeks, you will be receiving the LightWave 3D [8] upgrade via U.S. Mail."

Cool! :)... so what exactly did this do... I entered this SAME EXACT serial number when I did the uv edit pro elligibility page, as well as call cs with my address and email. Is my upgrade shipped or has it not since I had to give newtek the information all over again?

Skritter
04-29-2004, 09:01 PM

Yeah! This is right...You would never see Microsoft, trying to cover it backside and clean up problems it never left behind. Would you :rolleyes:

mlinde
04-29-2004, 09:53 PM
TOne other questions does anyone actually work in customer service or is that a code word for an endless loop of telephone menus that lead to a voice mail box that cuts people off so they have to phone again and again process? Huh, well I've talked to Richard Jacinto in CS at Newtek at least 3 times in the last month, first ordering my LW[8] upgrade, then utilizing a timbuck, then to find an estimate for my shipping date. Seems to me there's at least one person there, because I've spoken to him 3 random times over the last month.

colkai
04-30-2004, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Jean-Paul Lar.
hey Colkai I dont know you but ive seen you around the forums im glad to see you got your lightwave 8.havin fun with it?
Not so far, I've been busy with other things and I'll be away until Wednesday so Arrghhhhhh. ;)

I've looked at a couple of the new scenes and I am already re-thinking some older projects that never got off the ground due to lack of skill. The new dynamics and CA tools are gonna make life a lot easier.
Sure, there are things that I think are missing in it, but hey, this is the initial LW8 release, who knows what point releases may hold.
Even so, coupled with DFX+, it was a steal at the price really.

Downside: Having to go through and re-load all my other plugins, set up menus and shortcuts. At least it's a one-off, once done - back up directory to CD and jobs a good-'un! :D

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-30-2004, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by colkai
Not so far, I've been busy with other things and I'll be away until Wednesday so Arrghhhhhh. ;)

I've looked at a couple of the new scenes and I am already re-thinking some older projects that never got off the ground due to lack of skill. The new dynamics and CA tools are gonna make life a lot easier.
Sure, there are things that I think are missing in it, but hey, this is the initial LW8 release, who knows what point releases may hold.
Even so, coupled with DFX+, it was a steal at the price really.

Downside: Having to go through and re-load all my other plugins, set up menus and shortcuts. At least it's a one-off, once done - back up directory to CD and jobs a good-'un! :D

Its to bad you've been to busy to really sit down and use it. but it sounds like you are enjoying the new tools and I got to agree this was definetly a steal.:)I got a few older scenes i plan on going back into and using the new features to rework a few things. and I here ya on the plugin,shortcut config i know im gonna be at that for a bit myself. :) im gald to here your happy with lightwave 8.

ParentContraint
04-30-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Elmar Moelzer
ParentContraint!
Thats absolute bull****!
We have been working our asses off the last half year (on LW8.0 actually). Sorry, but posts like these really hurt me personally.
CU
Elmar

Did not mean to hurt your feelings

I am sure you guys have worked hard and put in much effort, on the other hand, I am just going to take the words of a close friend whom uses version 8 in Hollywood for a weekly airing sci - fi show - someone whos been using 8's code for over six but closer to 10 months

Elmar Moelzer
04-30-2004, 12:43 PM
He is most likely part of the beta- team...
During the final 6 months of development a lot (a whole lot) of changes have been made to LW8.0. Many of the new OpenGl- features e.g..
CU
Elmar

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-30-2004, 01:14 PM
posted by Chuck about upgrades from resellers "I'm not sure whether those will be from here or the fulfillment house, and I'll have to also find out what the plans are in terms of a shipping schedule."

have you found anything out yet Chuck id really like to know what the plan is?:)

Chuck
04-30-2004, 01:56 PM
Actually it doesn't matter whether we are going to ship ourselves or to send the list to the fulfillment house and I apologize for bringing the subject up. Everyone that we already had on file has already been shipped their upgrade as of Tuesday, April 27, and the plan is that those that we didn't have on file and are having to sign up via the page, are going to receive them just as quickly as we can manage either from here or through the fulfillment house. That's the plan.

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-30-2004, 02:01 PM
Oh ok gotcha, thank you very much Chuck I apreciate your help very much.:)
And ill leave you alone now as im sure things are very busy for ya. :D Thanks again.

Chuck
04-30-2004, 02:02 PM
Did not mean to hurt your feelings

I am sure you guys have worked hard and put in much effort, on the other hand, I am just going to take the words of a close friend whom uses version 8 in Hollywood for a weekly airing sci - fi show - someone whos been using 8's code for over six but closer to 10 months

Given what you've claimed, clearly you are not actually talking to anyone on the beta crew and are just posting disinformation for inflammatory purposes for your personal entertainment. Your account has been banned.

sadkkf
04-30-2004, 02:18 PM
I'm amazed. Give people access to the developers and they vent. Being a part-time software developer myself, I can admit it would hurt hearing these comments made about myself. I'm human, I work hard, I try hard, I occasionally make mistakes. I don't expect to be railed for them. This is not to say NewTek made a mistake. What they've done is extraordinary, in my opinion. They went the extra mile to ensure we receive a quality product. They are to be congratulated, not harangued.

From the mouths of The Simpsons: "Raise your hand if you're part of a race that's mastered interstellar travel."